• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

australias best schools (1 Viewer)

B

Bambul

In the other 2 Best School award thingies that The Australian has had James Ruse has not been mentioned (not a winner or finalist in the 4 categories, and there are about 10 finalists in each category).

This makes me assume that it just wasn't nominated or (and I would find this very unlikely) it was unable to obtain finalist status 2 years running because there are other school from other states that are better.

My cousins go to the public school winner for 2001 (there was a tie - private/public) and I got a look at one of their newsletters. It said one person was accepted into an Olympiad team and 14 or 17 people won money prizes in the maths comp. For comparisons Ruse has gotten 2-4 people into Olympiad teams year in year out and about 100 money prizes in the maths comp (out of less than 800 students). That's why I'm guessing that it just wasn't nominated.

Wohzazz

HSC
Is it judging on the level of education that a school provides taking into account, facilities, staff, etc. or the groups of student at each school?

I think it would be really hard to define the 'best' school as they are so many fields, though i will love to go JR for their level of education (heard they get uni lecturers paying visits- now that is what i call education!)

Last edited:

Wohzazz

HSC
Also, it's amazing that people from JR are so friendly- they are fierce in competition but essentially nice people to meet. Don't think there's bullies and outcasts only 'dedicated' and naturally 'smart' people which makes it so worthwhile to get acquianted with them:)

Last edited:

is a roflcopter
HSC
i dont like how people have this misconception that if you are academically bright, you automatically become socially inadept

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
<a href="http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/sectionindexb/0,6024,bestschools2^^TEXT,00.html">Link</a> to the list of last years winners.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
there was an article in the sydney magazine in the smh, that said in the "Who's who" list of australians, fort street had the most mentions, followed by nth sydney boys, syd grammar, and syd boys.

mercury

.:: Hg ::.
HSC
:p yes yes, it is improper to assume someone academically capable to be socially incapable. and ruse students are very nice ppl... at least the ones i know... :D i'd gladly clear up any misconceptions if anyone has any.

there is no such thing as THE best school imo
you simply cannot say one school is the best because of a single or a few criteria. so it's quite silly that a well-known publication would coin something like "the best school in australia"... pfft, it's not much different to choosing the best person in australia...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)