• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Australia's Obesity Epidemic (2 Viewers)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
i noticed the bit that said

Conclusion:

In view of increasing rates of overweight and obesity in children, it is important to reassess current Australasian standards for child restraints in vehicles. A concerted parental education campaign is also needed to raise awareness of which restraint types are appropriate for children of various heights and weights.

I don't think that's what the education needs to be about :D

boris

Banned
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
i noticed the bit that said

Conclusion:

In view of increasing rates of overweight and obesity in children, it is important to reassess current Australasian standards for child restraints in vehicles. A concerted parental education campaign is also needed to raise awareness of which restraint types are appropriate for children of various heights and weights.

I don't think that's what the education needs to be about :D
moar like stop feeding your kids, fatties

HSC
I was just watching this documentary about these fitness camps they had in Germany to help people lose weight, from what I saw they seemed to have a fair bit of success. Perhaps PM Rudd could look into borrowing their program for here? We could offer the camps for free in return for some volunteer work they do while they lose weight - A way to a more productive, healthy nation?

Last edited:

boris

Banned
HSC
People don't volunteer for cancer, medical research or homeless people, let alone volunteering in return for a free weightloss bootcamp.

Lazy motherfuckers :(

TacoTerrorist

HSC
How do you even get fat? Wouldn't you just stop eating and do some exercise when you started getting chubby?

michael1990

HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
How do you even get fat? Wouldn't you just stop eating and do some exercise when you started getting chubby?
I suppose some people can't help but just eat.

And plus, some obese people suffer from Medical problems

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
There are some genuine medical reasons for being overweight but as far as I am aware there is no such condition that is not somewhat manageable with medication, diet, exercise or a combination of these. So there's absolutely no excuse for being morbidly obese. Even if you're predisposed to being fat because of a medical condition you shouldn't let yourself go. That'd be like having cancer and just going "whatever" and letting that tumour consume your body even though you can go and get something done about it.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah, the vast majority of fat people are just fat because they eat too much and don't exercise enough.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
^ I agree whole-heartedly. What annoys me is when some fat middle-aged woman with her two fat kids will come in to McDonald's and order three large Big Mac meals, but with diet coke.

EDIT: Typo

michael1990

HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
^ k. I don't believe in the 'medical problem' excuse that fat people use to justify their obesity.
There is such thing as Medical Problems. Although i do agree that some obese people use it as a excuse to cover up they are fat because they eat to much and don't exercise.

michael1990

HSC
scarybunny said:
Yeah, the vast majority of fat people are just fat because they eat too much and don't exercise enough.
AGREED in some cases. There are medical Problems though

TacoTerrorist

HSC
I have the solution. Why don't we find a way to use the fat people to power cars? Or if that fails, get a kind of public transport service going, like chain up 6 fat people to pull a cart or something. Just get like a Quarter-pounder on a stick and hang it out in front of them.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Honestly, if someone could hook up a treadmill to power a TV, I'd want one.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Research shows obesity in midlife contributes significantly to dementia in old age.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Rudd should ban fattening food :eek:
Nah, just ban fat people from buying it. You must have a BMI of under x to purchase this product.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)