• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Australia's qualification to the World Cup (Analysis) (1 Viewer)

swisstruffles

HSC
o neill looks like he desperately WANTS to believe that our chartered flight was the difference between us qualifying and not qualifying lol~

see that guy at the airport who was yelling 'uru-CRY' at the uruguayan supporters lol~

the uruguayan team look like a bunch of gangsters..recoba looks evil and damn luguano looks like a model haha

the chartered flight thing cost over half a million dollars...and worth every cent if we qualify

Last edited:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
im sure the players can chip in a few k each to compensate SA :)

nedzelic

HSC
Generator said:
Bah, there's no need for the crowd to break out into what is essentially a union chant. Football is the game of the masses, not the north shore.

That said, I don't have any ideas of my own.

nicely put mate, although waltzing matilda is iconically australian - i mean what else can we sing? all the football songs that i know are pommy ones. i mean we can't very well sing 'football's coming home' can we?

nedzelic

HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
Australia has basically no chance now. If only they scored ONE goal in Uruguay, or at least kept it 0-0.

what are you on??? no chance? go back to sleep

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
I wouldnt be surprised if Waltzing maltilda is sung. I remember when i was at the bledisloe cup a few years back, you certainly feel a bit more buzz after hearing 80k people singing it.

How does everyone reckon the nation will react if we make it through? I remember during the WC the city CBD was going off, it was like the olympics. I'll be cheering on with my Australian Cricket jersey, the next best thing lol.

nedzelic

HSC
copious said:
im sure the players can chip in a few k each to compensate SA :)

hey mate, "old soccer; new football" - no SA anymore - it's FFA

Yes the CBD will go off *crosses fingers toes, balls* if we make it. i know we are planning where to go directly after the game as we need to get back down to 'gong at some stage - not until the next day fo we qualify i can tell you
party all night long!! i have not drunk since the last week of term last term - i'm saving it up!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh i cant wait. now i need to find someone to come out with.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
^ perhaps singing a song synonomous with the wallabies is not the greatest idea after all. Lets face it, Australia is not a chanting and singing nation. Trying to turn it into one before Wednesday probably wont work. Lets just stick with yelling "You are a wanker" at the Uruguayans, that usually works.

nedzelic

HSC
nah, we gotta yell stuff en espanol
like: tu mama es puta!
es maricon!
quiero cojer tus chicos!
et cetera

johnny_87

HSC
To settle the conjecture, FIFA DID NOT "give us" the second leg at home. It was a lottery ball-type situation.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
No, but it shows that they were being impartial, and if they did have a hand in it, surely it would have favoured Uruguay, as the Aust. media would have it. My point: No cheating has occurred (unless there was bookmaking or drug action that I and the rest of us are unaware of)

swisstruffles

HSC
im shitting myself already with nervousness already...im thinking of not watching the game cos id prob get a heart attack..not knowing is better than knowing in some cases..dont call me wimp lol

stazi

Nightman
HSC
stazi said:
Head-to-head results have changed since yesterday :D

Yesterday:
1. AUSTRALIA
2. URUGUAY
Australia: 2.40
Draw: 3.00
Urugay: 2.80

Today:
1. AUSTRALIA
2. URUGUAY
Australia: 2.20
Draw: 3.15
Uruguay: 3.20

Shit yeah :) Glad I put the bet in yestergay!

And also last night I bet with at a rate of 1:3.60 (from memory) on Australia making it into the world cup.

Today:
1. AUSTRALIA 2.75
2. URUGUAY 1.40

Looks like things are going australia' way. I'm interested in what has happened to make the odds so much better in Australia's favour.

I'm getting so fucking psyched for Wednesday. Can't fucking wait :D
I'll def have to go some place public. Fuck, I have to find mates who have finished exams already. Will be tough.

Odds again increasing in our favour!
1. AUSTRALIA 2.25
2. URUGUAY 3.15
for Head-to-head

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)