Australia's qualification to the World Cup (Analysis) (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I really hope columbia doesnt win against chile tomorrow. If columbia ultimately gets fifth place, somehow I can't fathom Australia winning their away game (or at least winning it and having more than five players come back alive). THe columbian home atmosphere is seriously crazy.
So, it's no secret who I'll be rooting for in the upcoming burst of games tomorrow.
It'd be nice for venezuela or chile to play against us. Uruguay may have the mental upper hand after doing what they did last time we played.
The only thing is that all the teams up for fifth place have very difficult games on the 12th (?) of October.
So it seems that literally any one of them could take fifth.

^___^
HSC
AFA already have plans as to what they are going to do if they do face a hostile crowd

unlike last time, they will not jet into the country early with days, but rather hours.
Apparently they will train and stay in a neighbourhood country and Qantas will jet them into and out of the country(whether it is Uruguay or Columbia) within hours. That way, the players will face min. hostile environment outside the pitch.

Anyway, as you said, you don't want to play columbia, they are a pretty decent team.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
even being on the pitch or on the bench in a country like columbia is screwed up. if a goal is scored...well. the whole stadium explodes. literally.

^___^
HSC
the ref can stop crowd troubles (if he doesn't, then FIFA will look into it seriously)
but the ref can't stop players being abused outside the pitch.

Besides, a lot of these players can handle pressure inside the pitch.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
... said:
the ref can stop crowd troubles (if he doesn't, then FIFA will look into it seriously)
but the ref can't stop players being abused outside the pitch.

Besides, a lot of these players can handle pressure inside the pitch.
hahah the ref can't stop an object being chucked at a player. or hundreds of fans charging the pitch with weapons.
also, a ref who calls a penalty australia's way...well, you can imagine what will happen to him.

^___^
HSC
stazi said:
hahah the ref can't stop an object being chucked at a player. or hundreds of fans charging the pitch with weapons.
also, a ref who calls a penalty australia's way...well, you can imagine what will happen to him.
if the crowd do throw shit onto the pitch and it causes problems, the ref has every right to cancel the game and award the match to australia (typically the score will be 2-0)

running players will result in similiar action.

these kind of things happen in italy too *cough* roma sucks *cough*

and as for the penalty against aust, yeah shit happens, but i'm sure Guus will tell the players to defend up the field and don't let the ball into the area by fouling players early, stupid tactic, but it can work wonders

ioniser

HSC
stazi said:
(or at least winning it and having more than five players come back alive). THe columbian home atmosphere is seriously crazy.

so true when columbia scored an own goal ,the dude who did that got home only to be shot dead

^___^
HSC
ioniser said:
so true when columbia scored an own goal ,the dude who did that got home only to be shot dead

he was stupid enough to believe that he will not be killed when he goes back

the whole world knew if he steps back into columbia, he will be hunted down like a serial rapist, yet ..

*sigh*

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Anywhere in South America is a tough atmosphere. The decisive factor will not be how harsh the crowds are, altitude of the stadiums, etc. and at the moment, Colombia and Uruguay are the best of the teams, and in the end, the quality of these teams will fuck Australia up. But I genuinely think that Australia is in for a good chance and I hope they do make it so I can have someone to support when I go to the World Cup next year. :)

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Hiddink has suggested that he will send one main squad to play overseas while resting major players in Aus for the home game.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
bscienceboi said:
Hiddink has suggested that he will send one main squad to play overseas while resting major players in Aus for the home game.
what a terrible idea! it's unlikely australia would score more than 1/2 goals at home, but wihtout the main players, australia is likely to lose by 3+ goals away

Jimmy_B

HSC
he was talking major attacking players, such as kewell, bresch, cahill. ie players who might have a fitness problems, sparing them two round the world trips, to play in games where we'd most likely try and soak up pressure all the way through. playing a workhorse like aloisi up front with decent supporting players might be more useful than playing kewell etc.

much like uruguay did with dario silva and a couple of others 4 years ago.

ioniser

HSC
well comparing how the aussies playin the last 3 years they have improved by heaps,i remmber them playing england a couple of years back, they seemed so intimidated by them everytime we got the ball we would lose it in a matter of seconds,the only time the y were confident was when kewell had the ball

THEN WHEN I WATCHED THEM play turkey this year ,they seemed a lot more comfortable and weren't losing the ball everytime, they were actaully able to pass around without losing the ball

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ioniser said:
well comparing how the aussies playin the last 3 years they have improved by heaps,i remmber them playing england a couple of years back, they seemed so intimidated by them everytime we got the ball we would lose it in a matter of seconds,the only time the y were confident was when kewell had the ball

THEN WHEN I WATCHED THEM play turkey this year ,they seemed a lot more comfortable and weren't losing the ball everytime, they were actaully able to pass around without losing the ball
do you write for a sporting paper by any chance? That commentary was incredibly deep.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh you should definately consider a career in sporting journalism.

"Austraia played better then before as they could pass. Also, I was there."

ioniser

HSC
stazi said:
Austraia played better then before as they could pass. Also, I was there."

and witnessed david beckham showing his true gay emotions for our aussie men,the women were shocked ............

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Looks like it'll likely be Chile in 5th place. Uruguay is very unlikely to beat argentina. However, chile would need a win, as a draw will equalise them and uruguay would win on head-to-head games.
However, if colombia snags a draw, then they'd beat uruguay on head-to-heads.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
they all have pretty tough games.... uraguay vs argentina, colombia vs paraguay, chile vs equador.... chile prolly has the best out of the 3, we can hope...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)