Australia's qualification to the World Cup (Analysis) (1 Viewer)

nedzelic

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Get this:

We have our Year 12 Formal on tomorrow .. tonight, actually.

How f*cked is that?!

But never fear! We have contingency plans!

Those plans involve one of the guys bringing a mini-TV to the formal.

Lucky for me, my date (who is also my best friend) loves soccer, so she is happy with the idea.

COME ON AUSTRALIA!!

I hope Recoba is forced to eat his words of "divine right for Uruguay" and all that bullshit.

THIS IS OUR DESTINY!

fuck the formal - who gives a shite about that - why is it in the middle of schoolies as well?

nedzelic

HSC
stazi said:
if we make it to germany most of our games would be around 4-5/6 am :( that would suck.

who gives a shit?
that's been the case for every world cup ever - except the last one

i watch 5 EPL games and a couple of la liga games a week - raming from 11pm to 7am - if you really like it you don't care

swisstruffles

HSC
ya it shouldnt matter if u really want to see it..just a little inconvenient. i always get up in the middle of the night to watch the tennis Grand Slams when they come around..

the SMH said today it may be a slight advantage for us if it rains firther today, as aussies r used to playing in a variety of conditions but the uruguayans r only used 2 dry conditions back there..it would make the ball slipperier and they'd b less able to do little quick tricks with it..
btw what would happen if it full on pours rain come match time? will it be postponed or something?

yes the odds of us winning the match r in our favour now but they're still the favs to actually qualify...

i hope recoba is the one to cry tonight..

and im still thinking of not watching the game 2nite due to nerves..may tape it and watch it later, knowing that its not live and nothing can be changed...and keep away from the radio and news...i may end up watching aussie princess which is on the same time lol~

FAAAARRRKK!!!!! another 4 yrs of waiting is too much. ill prob b married by then. shit why cant they make the world cup every year, then it wont be so bad if we dont qualify this time around. and losing hiddink if we fail 2nite will take a sig spark out of the whole aussie football revival thingy...ooooohhhhhhhh im shit nervous...sorry for being so pessimistic everyone..

FAAAAAARRRKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its jus started to rain a bit..

Last edited:
T

timbk2

swisstruffles said:
ya it shouldnt matter if u really want to see it..just a little inconvenient. i always get up in the middle of the night to watch the tennis Grand Slams when they come around..

the SMH said today it may be a slight advantage for us if it rains firther today, as aussies r used to playing in a variety of conditions but the uruguayans r only used 2 dry conditions back there..it would make the ball slipperier and they'd b less able to do little quick tricks with it..
btw what would happen if it full on pours rain come match time? will it be postponed or something?

yes the odds of us winning the match r in our favour now but they're still the favs to actually qualify...

and im still thinking of not watching the game 2nite due to nerves..may tape it and watch it later, knowing that its not live and nothing can be changed...and keep away from the radio and news...i may end up watching aussie princess which is on the same time lol~

FAAAARRRKK!!!!! another 4 yrs of waiting is too much. ill prob b married by then. shit why cant they make the world cup every year, then it wont be so bad if we dont qualify this time around. and losing hiddink if we fail 2nite will take a sig spark out of the whole aussie football revival thingy...ooooohhhhhhhh im shit nervous...sorry for being so pessimistic everyone..

FAAAAAARRRKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please dont tell me your gonna watch australian princess over the Socceroos match.

Glenn198718

its not raining to heavy i think it has stopped now but the pitch will be wet and there is going to be alot of poor control tonight i think. australia to win for sure but they are used to these conditions and nothing is going to hold them back tonight i can feel it now. Its our time australia lets kick some ass

HSC
swisstruffles said:

hahaha @ Australian Princess...

... are you a guy? :confused:

BlackDragon

HSC
realistically, what are australia's chances? in the first game we were pretty good, i mean we had more possession and controlled alot of the first half play but there were some shotty defence moments and in this game uruguay will be packing their defence. can we win by 2???
are we good enough?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
blackdragon please scroll through the replies on people's opinions on this matter

johnny_87

HSC
1-0 is all we need. We would then be favourites to win in extra time or on penalties due to the home ground advantage (it's like starting a new game in ET. We're the home team and still favourite).

stazi

Nightman
HSC
playboy2njoy said:
Uruguay goes through as an awal goal counts double.
well no not really, as if we draw with them theyll have 4 points and well have 1 from the encounter (1 Win, 1 draw)
away goals only count double if the aggregate scores are tied

johnny_87

HSC
GO THE AUSSIES!!!

I'm so pumped already! Definitely heading into the city if we win!

1-0 and win in ET or penalties, or a straight 2-0 I think.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
stazi said:
well no not really, as if we draw with them theyll have 4 points and well have 1 from the encounter (1 Win, 1 draw)
away goals only count double if the aggregate scores are tied
There are no pointz, all that countz are aggregate scorez. Pointz are fo group or league etc.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
johnny_87 said:
1-0 is all we need. We would then be favourites to win in extra time or on penalties due to the home ground advantage (it's like starting a new game in ET. We're the home team and still favourite).
no we need a 3-0 win :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)