Australia's qualification to the World Cup (Analysis) (2 Viewers)

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
my sharona said:
Just cause my bf goes for them. Going for another team isn't worth all the fights.

I used to be a Man Utd girl, but now look at me. Bloody 10th in League One! *shakes fist*

I didnt think there could be many fights between Man U and Forest fans, its not as if they square off all the time. At least you're not a gloryseeker.

!Solskjaer!

HSC
bazookajoe said:
Note that you are not the country of either Australia or Uruguay. You are also not in eithers national team.
Did I say I was? :rolleyes:

What is wrong with one having faith in one's own country?

!Solskjaer!

HSC
my sharona said:
Solskajaer, i don't think Australia's victory will be as easy as wanting to win, observing the U-R-Gayians, and supporting our team...
Australia needs to look at what Uruguay is aiming to do, and not let them do it - discussin formations etc. now is pointless. Australia needs to play hard. That'll get Australia to Germany.

Of course, so will scoring more goals than Uruguay.

Feel the looooove......

stazi

Nightman
HSC
!Solskjaer! said:
Australia needs to look at what Uruguay is aiming to do, and not let them do it - discussin formations etc. now is pointless. Australia needs to play hard. That'll get Australia to Germany.

Feel the looooove......
Oh really?
Yeah, if Australia wins the games, I think that they may make the world cup.
It is important for Australia to kick the ball with their feet as well. That will make them play better, as you're not allowed to use your hands in soccer unless you're the goalkeeper

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
!Solskjaer! said:
Did I say I was? :rolleyes:

What is wrong with one having faith in one's own country?
You claimed that "Australia" wanted it more than Uruguay. How would you know each national team/country and what they're thinking?
And like stazi said, winning the games will be a big help to the cause

!Solskjaer!

HSC
I was wrong in not stating that Australia wants it more than ever before. I don't see how anyone could disagree.

Relax mon, November is an emotional time for me. I'm absolutely delirious.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Australia has always wanted it. Furthermore, Uruguay would I dare say want it more than Australia considering how their fans act after a loss: blackmail, threats, etc etc

!Solskjaer!

HSC
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's because of South American football culture. Australia wants it, but doesn't act that way (I don't mean to offend anyone).

No time to say any more, I have to go watch TWG.

HSC
!Solskjaer! said:

Feel the looooove......
Yep, move over Guus, Solskjaer knows all the secrets of the game. :rolleyes:

I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying, i'm just saying that 'scoring more goals' isn't as easy as going up to the players and telling them to play hard.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yes, it obviously is south american football culture. Which is why they will want it more.

HSC
Australia have a big chance off qualifying. Come on;
1. Lugano and some other guy suspended for the first game. We must be able to score a goal or 2 against them away, esp. with the midfielders/attackers we have in the team.
2. We have Guus Hiddink- Tactical master.
3. Forlan is probably out.
4. Both of their 2 choice goalkeepers are out, they picked those 2 in the playing side vs oz but both are somehow injured and theres talk that the clubs off some of the other uruguay gks (the 3rd and 4th choice keepers) won't let them join the national team.
5. The first game game is away.
6. Diego Lopez and midfielder Marcelo Sosa also trying to shake injuries.
The 3 players that will stuff us up if any are;
- Montero (hes old though, im sure his slower than before but his damn good in the air)
- Recoba
- Zalayeta

I would play a 4-1-3-2 formation in the first leg.
Kalac
Lazaridis (if hes fit, but i hear his out but theres still a chance (if he is ruled out, Id give chipperfield this spot.), Ljubo, undecidedforthisposition (Thwaite, Popovic or Vidmar, I don't know how they are playing at the moment so yeah), Neill.
Grella DMC
Emerton, Bresciano, Kewell
Viduka, Thompson
I would put Viduka beause he can certainly score goals and + he knows the conditions that are awaiting him and hes the captain.
Cahill, Culina, Schwarzer, Aloisi + afew of the defenders from Thwaite-Popo-Vidmar. We can use 3 of these, that means we'd have some fresh faces for the 2nd leg. All looking good. How would u put the team lineup? i rekon this midfield-attack combo is great for the uruguay game!!!!

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
!Solskjaer! said:

Feel the looooove......
im confused, i dont know if i should believe someone called solskjaer...it reminds me of greatness but unreliablitity:p

!Solskjaer!

HSC
my sharona said:
Yep, move over Guus, Solskjaer knows all the secrets of the game. :rolleyes:

I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying, i'm just saying that 'scoring more goals' isn't as easy as going up to the players and telling them to play hard.
Well I think it is, but that is mostly to do with the state of delirium and sheer excitement I currently am in.

Lighten up people, there's only a week to go until the WCQ!

We have one of the best international coaches in the world. Sure, it's only been a matter of months, but the way he's managed to organise the team in such a short period of time is amazing! We were doing things against Jamaica (yes, a small-time team) which we wouldn't have dreamt of doing during the Farina era.

Australia need to be able to adjust the way they play according to Uruguay's own tactics, der, and under Guus, Australia will.

Playing that little bit harder - going for that tackle etc. will take Australia over the line. Intimidating Uruguay.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
!Solsjkaer said:

That's without a single doubt the most idiotic plan I've ever heard. You make Frank Farina look like a genius.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
!Solskjaer! said:
Well I think it is, but that is mostly to do with the state of delirium and sheer excitement I currently am in.

Lighten up people, there's only a week to go until the WCQ!

We have one of the best international coaches in the world. Sure, it's only been a matter of months, but the way he's managed to organise the team in such a short period of time is amazing! We were doing things against Jamaica (yes, a small-time team) which we wouldn't have dreamt of doing during the Farina era.

Australia need to be able to adjust the way they play according to Uruguay's own tactics, der, and under Guus, Australia will.

Playing that little bit harder - going for that tackle etc. will take Australia over the line. Intimidating Uruguay.
we already can play fairly physical (OMG even without muscat! like wow)

lol...im quitely confident...but i've gotta buy an AUS shirt by sunday :eek:

Guus can guide us:D

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Benny_ said:
That's without a single doubt the most idiotic plan I've ever heard. You make Frank Farina look like a genius.
oh come on dude, i used the same thing in my team and we became the best team in the comp :eek:

out-scorethe opposition and you'll win

!Solskjaer!

HSC
braad said:
we already can play fairly physical (OMG even without muscat! like wow)

lol...im quitely confident...but i've gotta buy an AUS shirt by sunday :eek:

Guus can guide us:D
With 11 Muscats on the pitch we'd have it wrapped up at half-time in Montevideo...I wish.

na na na na na na na na na na na na

We're going to Germany!

Where's everyone watching the first leg? :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
!Solskjaer! said:
With 11 Muscats on the pitch we'd have it wrapped up at half-time in Montevideo...I wish.

na na na na na na na na na na na na

We're going to Germany!

Where's everyone watching the first leg? :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Nah we'd have to forfeit due to send offs/injuries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)