Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Technology has never been art. Real art lies in the abstract, not smooth objective pixels and whatnot.
Oh lordy. im not even going to try to argue with this one. technology has never been art? what the hell is wrong with you?

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Technology has never been art. Real art lies in the abstract, not smooth objective pixels and whatnot.
Oh, get of your high horse. What are you, the figurehead of insularity and ignorance? As soon as someone starts a phrase with 'real art is...', I tell them to fuck off.

philphie

Banned
HSC
Oh, get of your high horse. What are you, the figurehead of insularity and ignorance? As soon as someone starts a phrase with 'real art is...', I tell them to fuck off.
hey alex, haven't seen you outside the results discussion/secondary education forums in a while

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
hey alex, haven't seen you outside the results discussion/secondary education forums in a while
Hey, yeah, I only really joined the site to help me in the HSC, but I wanted to see what everyone thought of Avatar, having seen it drunk and not really remembering the beginning of the movie. How are you dude?

PS- lol your french thing - 'I am the beef'...?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
And artistic? I bet James Cameron was paid a fortune to make this movie. He said himself that he waited for the technology to come out before making this movie. Technology has never been art. Real art lies in the abstract, not smooth objective pixels and whatnot.
There is no such thing as "real" or "fake" art.

also i extremely disagree with you.

philphie

Banned
HSC
Hey, yeah, I only really joined the site to help me in the HSC, but I wanted to see what everyone thought of Avatar, having seen it drunk and not really remembering the beginning of the movie. How are you dude?

PS- lol your french thing - 'I am the beef'...?
yeah i only came on here originally to steal ee2 mw ideas haha. pretty good, feel like i'm wasting money by not having a job though. you?

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
hahaha steal ideas eh? you're the kind of person that made me too afraid to post up my MW. i made sure i did it after i came back from a party, so i was a little disoriented and had no doubts or reservations, cause i was really nervous someone could plagiarise it. Aaaaanyway, nah I haven't got a job, I worked through the HSC (and also when I was younger) and am travelling this year. I leave tomorrow actually, so should probably get onto packing and shit...haha.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Anyone notice how the colonel (can't remember his name) looked remarkably like the original DOOM dude or Duke Nukem?

EPIC movie. A must in 3D.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
nice, where are you going?
wow, that was quick!

ummm well im in london for 10 days, then off to switzerland for 3 months, then a month in germany/france/italy. then i fly to the US for 3 months, working at a camp in north carolina, and I get an extra month to travel around the US. and theeeen i'm hoping to either go to south america/africa/israel for volunteer work, or maybe back to europe to do a bit more travelling in the nordic countries (sweden, iceland, netherlands etc)

what are you doing this year?

philphie

Banned
HSC
wow, that was quick!

ummm well im in london for 10 days, then off to switzerland for 3 months, then a month in germany/france/italy. then i fly to the US for 3 months, working at a camp in north carolina, and I get an extra month to travel around the US. and theeeen i'm hoping to either go to south america/africa/israel for volunteer work, or maybe back to europe to do a bit more travelling in the nordic countries (sweden, iceland, netherlands etc)

what are you doing this year?
lol none of that. i've been to most of those places though. pretty broke right now, most of my money going into moving, buying a new place selling the old. going to uni. didn't want to take a gap year because i'm pretty sure my study habits would be all gone by then

Last edited:

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Meanwhile, the movie is attracting accusations of being racist by critics in the US by portraying a white man coming in to lead a community of primitive, non-white people.

"It rests on the stereotype that white people are rationalist and technocratic while colonial victims are spiritual and athletic," New York Times columnist David Brooks wrote
WHAT THE FUCK!?

EVERYTHING ANYONE EVER DOES NOW IS RACIST!

The U.S is retarded. Offer KFC to black people IN AUSTRALIA = Racist.

AVATAR - One of the most successful, most loved, best movies of all time = Racist... For no goddamn reason other than their own jealous "that did well, I don't like that, I'll call it racist."

Seriously.

Get. A. Life.

[endrant]

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
lol none of that. i've been to most of those places though. pretty broke right now, most of my money going into moving, buying a new place.
hey sounds cool. i dont think ill be moving out of home for a while yet, once i have my year off i'll be broke too. especially in switzerland where buying a cup of coffee forces you to get out a loan. eh.

when i get back i should be fully fluent a francais. hooray! tres bien!

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
WHAT THE FUCK!?

EVERYTHING ANYONE EVER DOES NOW IS RACIST!

The U.S is retarded. Offer KFC to black people IN AUSTRALIA = Racist.

AVATAR - One of the most successful, most loved, best movies of all time = Racist... For no goddamn reason other than their own jealous "that did well, I don't like that, I'll call it racist."

Seriously.

Get. A. Life.

[endrant]
Lol just like feminists, who twist everything about the male/female relationships in art, music, literature to make it gynocentric. Like metaphors in novels, they're all: the river, being water, is representative of the the female, and the man being drowned in it symbolises the untouched power of the female blah blah we're so oppressed.

I appreciate feminist sentiments, but they really take it too far. Same with the whole racism thing. I think why it's such an issue in the US is because they still struggle with a startling rate of african american intolerance, and we don't have that black/white contention as much as they do.

philphie

Banned
HSC
hey sounds cool. i dont think ill be moving out of home for a while yet, once i have my year off i'll be broke too. especially in switzerland where buying a cup of coffee forces you to get out a loan. eh.

when i get back i should be fully fluent a francais. hooray! tres bien!
haha yes but with a swiss accent. well bon chance!!!

Valupatitta

HSC
its long, boring and the storyline was pretty dull for a sci fi to be honest. WAYYYYYYY TOOOOOO MANY FLYING IN THE AIR my head was so dizzy afterwards esp. cos it was 3D and i was sitting in the 3rd row i wanted to vomit lol

CecilyMare

HSC
Oh lordy. im not even going to try to argue with this one. technology has never been art? what the hell is wrong with you?
Not even going to try to argue because you can't. Same goes for the poster below you, haw haw 'fuck off' how pissweak.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Not even going to try to argue because you can't. Same goes for the poster below you, haw haw 'fuck off' how pissweak.
I agree, how can you argue that technology is not art? I know what you're getting at, but technology produces art, and the stylistic approaches to technological appliances could be interpereted as art.

3D film is a form of technology, and is considered art (as is general film).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)