B Bus / B ScIT 09' (1 Viewer)

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
yes but you need to make sure that you fulfill all the prereqs. the one in the handbook is in the order it is to make sure you cover prereqs for other subjects.
Hang on, so its possible to mix the subjects ?

For BITs it says we have to do Communication for IT Professionals, Introduction to Information Systems, Programming Fundamentals and Web Systems in the first semester

so, can we do different IT core subjects in the first semester so long as we've filled all the prereqs or the subjects have no prereqs i.e Network Essentials?

help_me_please

it nerd
HSC
Hang on, so its possible to mix the subjects ?

For BITs it says we have to do Communication for IT Professionals, Introduction to Information Systems, Programming Fundamentals and Web Systems in the first semester

so, can we do different IT core subjects in the first semester so long as we've filled all the prereqs or the subjects have no prereqs i.e Network Essentials?
Realistically theres nothing reaaaaaaaaally stopping you, but for BIT i would recommend doing those 4, you have industry talks (learn about sponsor companies) so you need to have them as consistent as possible to make it as easy as possible to organise those.

Takuto

HSC
Enforced is used very loosely here. They may very well know you didn't go, but they don't give two shits by the start of semester.
yer i doubt they actually care.

everyone shud go anyway. pretty cheap for 3 days hhah.

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
us first years start March 9th dont we?

I think its the other years going back on February 23rd
March 9th is the start of the March session.

Essentially, your "first day" is the first day displayed on your timetable. If, for example, your first class is Communication for IT Professionals, your first day would be February 25th (yes, even as first year students). If you decided to start on March 9th, you would miss out on the first two lectures, and considering there are only three lectures for that subject (the rest being seminars), it would be a good idea to try for the Feb. 25th starting date.

So to summarise, your first day is probably around the 23rd of February, unless BITs get some two week concession I didn't know about.

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
ouch.. thats cut back the time a little bit

so what's with this March session thing if lectures and such start early?

P.S do we get a printout of our finalised timetables?

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
ouch.. thats cut back the time a little bit

so what's with this March session thing if lectures and such start early?

P.S do we get a printout of our finalised timetables?
If you have a printer, you can print out your finalised timetable... once it's finalised. It will be updated before your first class (can't say when-- just keep checking back in the last week or two), so don't worry too much if it says TBA right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)