Last edited:

mr-r34

HSC
lol mee too
uai:77 lol

fank god for bonus marks and eas ahh

Rayhau

HSC
gah dont know how i missed out with 81.65 but iwas relying on +4 from band 5 IPT

HSC
cutoff was 88 =/

you could always try for B ScIT which is 82

Rayhau

HSC
yeah but looking at the two above posts, and my friend who all got lower than mine still got in, i got an offer for B ScIT, im going to accept that and wait for the last 2 offers, If im correct, i still got a chance of getting an offer for Bus/science IT ?

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
i got in tooo
uai 84.4

got 4 bonus points for e3 in 3u :D

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Woah.. 88 is a pretty high cutoff for BBus/BScIT. I guess it is because the HSC Bonus Point Scheme was introduced- back in the day the cutoff simmered at 84.

Anyways, If you have any questions on the course, I'm here to help.
I'm doing a BBus/BComp, which is the old name for the new BBus/BScIT course.

Rayhau

HSC
Thats what i dont get, how come so many people are getting in with lower UAI, Takuto, did you go thru EAS ?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

Takuto

HSC
awesome, thanks

yeah i went through EAS

i also got the 5 bonus subject points for getting high bands in IPT/SDD

pretty crazy to still get in 13 pts off though

Rayhau

HSC
ahh damn, sucks for me then, ive accepted my B ScIT offer, but i still got a chance at getting into B Bus/Sc IT right ? As it has (V) next to it

HSC
yeah now put BBus/BScIT as your 1st preferences this time around

gl to you :D

cli62

HSC
ooh my name's up there ^^
i got 85.35 uai and bonus 4 points for band 5 ipt, thought ill share

Rayhau

HSC
Yeah i was relying on my +4 from band 5 IPT, B ScIT/Bus was and is still on 1st, i just hope i get in, thanks =p

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
ey, theres a compulsory camp for us yeah?
Yeah... "compulsory" camp. I know many a person who skipped it with no repercussions, and if you don't get your name on the sign-up sheet, you're pretty much able to avoid it.

Rayhau said:
ahh damn, sucks for me then, ive accepted my B ScIT offer, but i still got a chance at getting into B Bus/Sc IT right ? As it has (V) next to it
Don't worry about it too much mate. If you can't get in first time, try an Internal Course Transfer either mid-year or at the end of your first year (just try to get distinctions or high distinctions). Sure, you'll be doing IT subjects for the first year, but you will be credited for them. Then, when you pick up business, you can focus on one year of business subjects, then get back on track in the third and fourth years.

Note: I'm fairly certain this counts as "an undergraduate student seeking to transfer within your current faculty", which is allowed for ICT. You might do well to talk to the student centre when you're settled in, though.

jonaxiang

HSC
A bit offtopic but is it possible to do the 8 core IT subjects in non-chronological order for the first year? That is cause i want to see if i can vary what i can do for semester 1 and 2 compared to their sample subjects listed in the handbook.

help_me_please

it nerd
HSC
A bit offtopic but is it possible to do the 8 core IT subjects in non-chronological order for the first year? That is cause i want to see if i can vary what i can do for semester 1 and 2 compared to their sample subjects listed in the handbook.
yes but you need to make sure that you fulfill all the prereqs. the one in the handbook is in the order it is to make sure you cover prereqs for other subjects.

Yeah... "compulsory" camp. I know many a person who skipped it with no repercussions, and if you don't get your name on the sign-up sheet, you're pretty much able to avoid it
its highly recommended and enforced that you go. camp staff do know who don't attend if you think that they will be oblivious. its done to make sure you know all the stuff specifically within it, and you do get to meet people within your courses before you go to a lecture, which helps when your lectures have 300 odd people in them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)