B Business @ UTS vs B Commerce @ Macquarie (1 Viewer)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
BCom @ Macquarie. They have a great business faculty.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Mac, cause they're faculty is stronger, nicer place and much pertier too.

myst1fy

HSC
N/A
macquarie, great business faculty and for me personally more easier to get to.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm... it depends what you want out of your degree. I'd choose B Business at UTS if you are on a cadetship (for convenience), or because you do a lot of extra curricular stuff outside of university and hence don't really require that aspect of uni. It's also a lot easier from what I've heard compared to Macquarie's courses.

But yeh if I was a year 12 student and I had the choice I'd probably pick Macquarie out of those two for Commerce. Their course may be harder but it's very comprehensive from what I've seen reading my friend's notes.

deterministic

HSC
Macquarie for GPA inflation!! (distinctions and HDs at mac count the same to gpa, so it looks better academically)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Does the OP have any idea what they plan to focus on later on in terms of majors or career path?

Lou283

HSC
I may be bias because I am at Macquarie but I didn't even list UTS as one I would consider.

I guess it depends what major you want to do as UTS might be better if you wanted to focus on something like tourism (although MQ has a campus in Manly (i think) that does all that kinda stuff). I used to work for an event management company and many people I worked with did tourism at UTS. For me I chose MQ because I felt that the university had a much better business faculty and even though its slightly harder a commerce degree makes you much more well rounded than a business degree because of the accounting and statistics units you have to do.

Additionally like one of the others said above I have a GPA of 3.75 out of a possible 4 after 1st year and have only had 1 HD. The units seem much harder than UTS too, but its all in the scaling so your unlikely to get a lower mark overall.

Again though, its easier if you know what areas of business you want to focus on. The other thing which I like about MQ is it's flexibility to do units outside your faculty. At a click of a button I can do Sociology, Science, Media units etc and nobody even bats an eye as long as I do the minimum number of commerce units I have to do and meet any requirements needed to do the unit. Maybe have a look at the individual units offered and see which university has units you think you have more interest in - taking into consideration what units you think an employer would be impressed/or like you to have done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)