B business (1 Viewer)

Dilan1

HSC
Hey guys

I am considering going to UTS to do B business, i have checked there website out and everything, just want all of BOS opinions on the course. If there are any current/past students i would greatly appreciate your input.

Is it worth joining the student union?

Are the teachers good?

And most importantly are the cafes/restaurants in the building cheap and delicious?:cool:

Cheers

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
Dilan1 said:
Hey guys

I am considering going to UTS to do B business, i have checked there website out and everything, just want all of BOS opinions on the course. If there are any current/past students i would greatly appreciate your input... Are the teachers good?
I'm a current Business(/IT) student. I'd have to say the faculty is generally pretty good. You'll find that it's very crowded (not as in packed in, but... there are a lot of students), and there is a lot of group work, but if you're fine with those, you'll probably fit right in. It's hard to judge all of the staff based on the entire faculty. Some lecturers/tutors are excellent while others are boring or just way too out there.

Is it worth joining the student union?
This is one of those personal choices. I believe most students are not joining after it became optional (though I've read recent discussion of whether it should be mandatory due to lack of funds). http://www.utsunion.uts.edu.au/advantage. Take a look over the website and see if you'd find the discounts/offers worthwhile.

EDIT: Might be a good idea to read this.

And most importantly are the cafes/restaurants in the building cheap and delicious?:cool:
HEH... I assume "the building" you're referring to is the big tower building. Many of your classes will be outside of this building. Regardless, in general, the cafes are fairly expensive (though sometimes delicious). The Union Eatery and food area near the Glasshouse Bar are fairly cheap. At 4pm-5pm you can usually get Chinese/Indian food for $5 or less. Many students go off campus to eat, though, as the entire city is pretty much available.

Last edited:

Wildberries

HSC
I've had pretty good teachers till now, so maybe I could be lucky, or they're all decent at least, I do an accounting major and many of them are good, they explain things well and have time for you if you need any extra help. I'e heard horror stories of other universities where teachers aren't good at all. UTS is a safe bet for the aspect of good teaching.

:read:

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
thats good to hear.

did any of you guys consider commerce/business at other uni's? what made you choose UTS?

layzeehbum

HSC
gibbo153 said:
did any of you guys consider commerce/business at other uni's? what made you choose UTS?
im planning on doing dis next year as well!!! =p

i think it may be due to the location. it's llike in the city so u can go pretty much anywhere after, unlike unsw. but i would pick unsw coz its closer to home =p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)