• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

B.Com reputation abroad? (2 Viewers)

shells15

HSC
N/A
Omnidragon said:
maths-based? gee i find that funny... are you referring to finance, accounting or more towards actuary and statistics? and management?

lets see... you've just forgot to mention economics and marketing. otherwise you'll have the whole field covered

actually the bulk of my subjects were law in case you missed my earlier post... you know like contract law, competition law, corporations law and so forth

and just in case. maths-based majors are the hardest in commerce. love it when kids in HSC try to tell me how to suck eggs
can you answer my earlier question? Would it be very tough to get a good job in Europe with a Commerce degree?

Affinity

HSC
Get a proper degree...

Ideally you will have a double starred first in classics and history.
If you can't get that.. hmm economics would be ok.

Last edited:

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
shells15 said:
can you answer my earlier question? Would it be very tough to get a good job in Europe with a Commerce degree?
uni comes first. if you get it from a good one you'll be in good stead. still it's defn not as recognised as their local institutions

aussies i've met here have all had prior work exp in australia or transferred from australia

choco6

HSC
^^Entrepreneur degree? I'm pretty sure there are hardly any universities that offer business/finance related degrees in the US.
As for the post before that, I do have work experience, but only of a couple of years. And I went to UNSW.
Omnidragon, which country are you working in currently?

Last edited:

is a roflcopter
HSC
in new york, when i mentioned i went to unsw, they really thought it was south wales and that my aussie accent was welsh or something

Ezzdawg

HSC
Newbie said:
in new york, when i mentioned i went to unsw, they really thought it was south wales and that my aussie accent was welsh or something
Yeah cuz it is a known fact that the average american is pretty dumb..

anyway back to the thread:

In America ( I have done some extensive research on this as I was planning on going to study in American this year, but can no longer afford it due to the stupid financial crisis) all the undergraduate courses are either Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science with majors in whatever you pick..it is known as liberal arts as you can study almost anything. In the first two years it is basically like high school where you are required to study a range of subjects and in years 3 and 4 you get to pick a Major.

Generally business degrees are not offered in American universities, although some universities may offer a major in economics or business administration as part of their BArts/Sci degree umbrella. Unlike here where we have a Bachelor degree for almost anything.

Therefore our degrees..let it be the Bachelor of Commerce..is not well recognised in the States.

Business, Law, Medicine etc are only taught in postgraduate schools where you receive a Masters or Ph.D degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)