B.Commerce/B.Laws: Transferring, WAM and employment opportunities (1 Viewer)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Please understand my dire situation (ALL FAIL) and HELP ME CHOOSE FROM MY OPTIONS

So you last minuted the HSC, and you thought you could carry on this mentality to university.

If you are still plagued by these personal issues, they will come again. So don't transfer with the intention of having a new start, when such issues are still in existence and are going to affect you greatly.
Definitely agree with this.

Getting to my final year, in retrospect I regret carrying that mentality from high school to university. While I have a high credit average, if I knuckled down a bit more through each semester, I'm sure I would have made up for all the little mistakes which end up adding up when the final marks are calculated.

The HSC isn't difficult to breeze through (in relative terms of course) but university is a whole different ball game. You need to make sure you remain mentally alert and vigilant. I think the lower focus on competition hampered my own motivation so don't fall into that trap.

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
Re: Please understand my dire situation (ALL FAIL) and HELP ME CHOOSE FROM MY OPTIONS

go seek help. go see a counsellor. asking a forum all your problems wont help. Asking which one is better is crazy, its like asking how longs a piece of string? it depends. Deffer for a semester think about and do something you enjoy. You sound like youre aimless and have no direction. Live life and seek what you enjoy, then you can get good marks in what you love. Obviously commerce isnt for you, do something else. You can make good money doing anything if youre good at it. Now get off this forum and do something with your life other than asking BoS all of your problems which can be easily solved

sghguos

HSC
N/A
So i got a mid year entry. When do I have to tell usyd im leaving before its too late

So i got a mid year entry. When do I have to tell usyd im leaving before its too late

Like tell usyd that i got another offer and im leaving the university. Is there a date for this?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

Don't act like a degree means you've accomplished anything. We care about your work. If you're good enough, we couldn't give less of a shit whether or not you even have a degree. In the same vein, if you have a degree, that means very little to us aside from the fact that it lets us know you can successfully sit in one place for long periods of time. Other than that, a degree says nothing. It's primarily about your work.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
At usyd if u transfer from a totally different faculty is ur transcript wiped?

So at the end of this year If I transferred into a b.pharm from a b.economics will my fails
Still show up on the transcript??

izzy88

HSC
Re: At usyd if u transfer from a totally different faculty is ur transcript wiped?

So at the end of this year If I transferred into a b.pharm from a b.economics will my fails
Check with the uni, but my understanding is yes, it will show on your transcript. Your transcript consists of the all your subjects attempted at the University of Sydney. Quote from usyd: "An academic transcript is an official record of all study undertaken at the University of Sydney and/or the amalgamated colleges" (http://sydney.edu.au/current_students/student_administration/academic_transcripts/ ).

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Re: At usyd if u transfer from a totally different faculty is ur transcript wiped?

Assuming it works the same at most unis, the fails will be on your transcript but your GPA and WAM will reset when you start your new course.

RishBonjour

HSC

Yep it will show up. You can get a 'clean slate' only if you change unis. Even then, employers might ask for your transcript for previous year.
But really, I am yet to meet anyone who failed everything (how the fuck can you - I know people working 3-4 days a week and overloading, still on cred average). So obviously you are either a troll (not very good - I'm not sure why BOS kids are giving you nice advice) or just not supposed to be at uni.

And if you're struggling with eco, you will most likely be at the bottom of your pharmacy cohort.

sghguos

HSC
N/A

Yep it will show up. You can get a 'clean slate' only if you change unis. Even then, employers might ask for your transcript for previous year.
But really, I am yet to meet anyone who failed everything (how the fuck can you - I know people working 3-4 days a week and overloading, still on cred average). So obviously you are either a troll (not very good - I'm not sure why BOS kids are giving you nice advice) or just not supposed to be at uni.

And if you're struggling with eco, you will most likely be at the bottom of your pharmacy cohort.
This guy just doesnt get it. Ive had personal reasons, oh wait you prob wont know cuz youve been spoon fed by your
Mom all your life and whenever there was a problem you hid behind her. Dont worry I was once like that too youll soon mature as well
And maybe than you will not become the biggest pessimist grumpy face on BOS.

Im asking for advice on what to do in this circumstance.

M

mAsTAR

This guy just doesnt get it. Ive had personal reasons, oh wait you prob wont know cuz youve been spoon fed by your
Mom all your life and whenever there was a problem you hid behind her. Dont worry I was once like that too youll soon mature as well

The thing is, people have given you all the advice you could possibly need. But you don't seem to want to accept it. You just keep asking pretty much the same questions until someone tells you what you want to hear. You just want someone to tell you that it's going to be easy for you to do well after fucking up, when in reality it's going to be extremely difficult.

Employability shouldn't be a concern to you right now. Find out what it is that you ENJOY doing. If you're truly passionate about something, it won't be so difficult to put in the work, and you'll come out of it with good marks and good career prospects (provided you gain work experience and get involved while at uni).

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

You should probably take a break until you realise the irony of this statement.

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC

The thing is, people have given you all the advice you could possibly need. But you don't seem to want to accept it. You just keep asking pretty much the same questions until someone tells you what you want to hear. You just want someone to tell you that it's going to be easy for you to do well after fucking up, when in reality it's going to be extremely difficult.

Employability shouldn't be a concern to you right now. Find out what it is that you ENJOY doing. If you're truly passionate about something, it won't be so difficult to put in the work, and you'll come out of it with good marks and good career prospects (provided you gain work experience and get involved while at uni).
+1
just think sghguos, if all this time you spent posting youre worries on BoS was spent studying maybe you wouldnt be in this position

sghguos

HSC
N/A

everyone hates me on BoS :(

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad

And you wonder why?
You ask questions 1000 times over, especially ones that have already been answered, and expect us to google simple answers for you!

Life is not a walk in the park mate. You've got to start figuring shit out for yourself.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Honestly, if you actually want to pass and you put in effort, you will pass. If you fail more than one unit, there is a bigger underlying issue somewhere.

If you're picking a university/course based on prestige, you have a big problem there.

Find something you want to DO, not necessarily what you want to BE. They're two different things, sometimes. If they're the same thing, great.

For me, I want to be someone that discusses issues with science and scientific illiteracy and give talks about it but I want to research in things like cancer and find new things in chemistry.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

We're not trying to be hateful; every one is being realistic. Jumping from place to place, degree to degree won't solve the underlying problems that you seem to be having.

Emily Howard

HSC
Re: Got accepted into b.commerce/b.laws at macquarie university. thoughts on this deg

callin troll, howd he get accepted so quickly? troll

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Will a master of laws (LLM) at a prestigious uni after LLB at MQ help me me get job?

So basically i've decided to do b.commerce/b.laws at the university of Macquarie. (for those who are wondering my personal problems have official ended and I am highly motivated for a new start).

Now as you know macquarie is a lower rep university in Sydney compared to USYD and UNSW and it is difficult for me to get a job at the high-mid tier law firms.
However I was wondering, if I did a master of laws (LLM) postgraduate studies by coursework at the university of UMelb(5th in the world) or USYD (10~) will this help me get a job in the law field???

The reason is getting a job in the law field at MQ is a bit hard and if I really wanted to work in law would this be a viable option?? its only 1 year and its pretty cheap.

enoilgam

HSC
Re: Will a master of laws (LLM) at a prestigious uni after LLB at MQ help me me get j

The reason is getting a job in the law field at MQ is a bit hard and if I really wanted to work in law would this be a viable option?? its only 1 year and its pretty cheap.
If you really want to improve your employment chances, I'd probably focus more on getting some part time/casual work, participating in extra curricular stuff and maybe gaining some industry experience. Stuff like that definitely will boost your employability, probably moreso than just a Masters on its own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)