B Commerce best subjects to do first (1 Viewer)

jack1711

HSC
Hi

I want to study Bachelor of Business at UTS and I was wondering what are the best subjects to do first? I will be doing the course part time and I have a cadetship with a Big 4.

Thanks

Last edited:

Chibios

is totally a-MUSE-d!
HSC
It depends what type of person you are.

If you like maths based subjects then you could do Accounting, Economics, the Finance intro subject or Business Stats.

If you like psychological, social science-y sort of subjects then do Marketing or Managing People and Organisations.

Hope this helps.

layzeehbum

HSC
They will give you an outline during the enrolment.
It's something like this for the first year:
Autumn semester: Managing People an Organisations, Economics for Business, Accounting for Business and Marketing Foundations.
Spring semester: Fundamentals of Finance, Business Law and Ethics, Business Statistics and you have a choice of either Accounting for Business Transactions (you have to choose this one if you want to major in Accounting and or Finance) and Business Strategy.

imoO

HSC
What about timetables?

I can't seem to find where we make ours

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Having completed first year, please do these subjects for semester 1, therefore you can get a good start and grip of uni

Do:

• Accounting for Business (pass this subject so you can do accounting 2)

• Managing People and Organisations (piss easy subject, should get a credit minimum)
  • Marketing (same shit from Business Studies eg 4p's etc)
  • Business Law and Ethics, easy subject, you can get 3 bonus marks for turning up to 80% of your tutes and final exam is open book ;)
Dont:

• Business Statistics ---> this is fucking hard, i repeat fucking hard!, highly recommend do this in 2nd sem
  • Finance ---> pretty hard if u dont put the effort, like i did ><

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)