B Design (VISUAL COMMUNICATION) [uai cutoffs/questions/help] (1 Viewer)

Calla

HSC
not that great....i'd say about credit average or something...got 1 fail, and one near fail.....a distinction and mostly credits...but got 89.4 UAI so at least that helps.

hellomike

HSC
Yeah your UAI was good enough for last year... I hope we both make it.

Calla

HSC
thanks i hope we both do aswell.....right now the server is so crammed i cant get through ...really frustrating

hellomike

HSC
Well done on achieving that UAI, you even made this year's new cutoff at 90.05.

Calla

HSC
yeah congrats Juni...and international studies too! thats awesome

hellomike

HSC
I spoke to someone from the Faculty and they said that all decisions for the course were already finalised and that the course does not have second or third rounds. It makes sense but I know there are Vancacies for DFEE. There is also no mid-year applications... all that effort into this and no luck it's annoying.

juni

juni
HSC
Calla said:
yeah congrats Juni...and international studies too! thats awesome
Thx :)

I think you guys should apply for the DFEE if you really wanted to do it cuz there are vacancies from what i heard ! :eek:

Calla

HSC
yeah i have applied to DFEE at UTS, but theres no way i'm financially prepared to pay 18 grand a year, and thats why im going to seek out a loan from fee-help (unfortunately for me scholarships entry has closed). And of course will try and secure a place in CSP for next year....

However im in a bit of a rut in deciding whether i should pick the above option, or just attend UNSW (cofa) bachelor of design (HECS) and try to transfer to UTS next year..

hellomike

HSC
Juni, do you know if the Faculty are willing to re-consider if I was to speak to someone from the executive staff? What would be my chances if I feel I am still strong enough for a place and/or because they still have vacancies?

hellomike

HSC
Personal Statements have been re-opened for Late Rounds! Like what? Ok long night for me then.

Calla

HSC
hellomike said:
Personal Statements have been re-opened for Late Rounds! Like what? Ok long night for me then.
wait...WAAAAAAT ..???.....plz dont tell me we have to revise our statements

hellomike

HSC
I am unsure about this situation and I asked another member regarding this. It does look like I will need to call the School of Design again and ask about my current situation.

The problem is:
- If re-writing the statement, does it improve the chances of getting a place or does not do anything
- Can re-writing the statement make us officially eligible for DFEE

Calla

HSC
re-writing the personal statement? where did u get that idea btw? however if that is the case its totally ridiculous

hellomike

HSC
Hey Juni, do you know if I may be able to talk to the Dean or the Head of School of Design regarding my application? Who would be better?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)