B:IT App's (1 Viewer)

JosephW

HSC
Wonder if anyone here has applied yet to the scholarship.

I thought I would give it a shot. I know there are a thousand threads on this but can anyone direct me to any tips or instructions to follow when filling in the application. Thanks in advance

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
JosephW said:
Wonder if anyone here has applied yet to the scholarship.

I thought I would give it a shot. I know there are a thousand threads on this but can anyone direct me to any tips or instructions to follow when filling in the application. Thanks in advance
Yes there are lots already. I would say this is the best one: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=145465

Alternatively you can PM: help_me_please or laura56 who are both BITs and can give you any tips you need.

JosephW

HSC
I posted out my application on Wednesday via Express Postage. Is there anyway to find out if it arrived to the BIT Coordinator? Also, when and how will I find out if I did or didnt get an interview?

hujikolp

HSC
JosephW said:
I posted out my application on Wednesday via Express Postage. Is there anyway to find out if it arrived to the BIT Coordinator? Also, when and how will I find out if I did or didnt get an interview?
email jenny and ask her whether it was recieved... her email should be somewhere, on on the UTS:IT website..
look at ask.it.uts.edu.au .. look under the BIT threads for answers to anything u may want to know.. or u can ask questions..

i applied in the first round earlier this year. The interview went really well so all I need is a good UAI now..

Look at the ask:IT forums on the UTS:IT website, cos there are questions about recieving notifications there..

goodluck!! :)

help_me_please

it nerd
HSC
theyre still processing applications as far as i know so hang tight guys.

Jamsi

HSC
Good luck for those who submitted applications for BIT - its a great program :)

If all else fails, do Buscomp and get some business skills - its a 4 year degree but gosh its worth it.

hujikolp

HSC
there were about 40ish people who had interviews in the first round for BIT.. approximately how many people do u think were in the second round? are there usually more or less in the second round?

i hope second round was crap =P
1st round ftw

JosephW

HSC
2nd round killed ya's according to the coordinator :cool:

I joke I joke,

Had like 30ish people, looked alright, however I heard there was a shortage of sponsors this year :(

HSC
Really? I was at the second round too and I heard that that we were lucky we had more sponsers than previous years? weird hey!

JosephW

HSC
weststigers1991 said:
Really? I was at the second round too and I heard that that we were lucky we had more sponsers than previous years? weird hey!
Ah who were u? I was the short guy with the vest and jeans lol

HSC
JosephW said:
Ah who were u? I was the short guy with the vest and jeans lol
Hey I remember you! I'm the asian girl who was in the group of four girls talking. Yeah, I know my nickname is a little odd and it says I'm a male on my BOS profile but dont worry, this is actually my friend's account :) I got a letter from UTS:IT today saying that I was still eligible. How did you go?

thisbetterwork

HSC
N/A
weststigers1991 said:
I got a letter from UTS:IT today saying that I was still eligible. How did you go?
Damn You!!! Those EVIL people rejected me :angry:. Knew the course was too good to be true. How many others were rejected i wonder, hope I wasn't the only one. Probably because I only care about the technical aspect (programming). no way in hell am I going to UTS now, Maquarie closer. If I don't get into maquarie, I am skipping Uni. Deloitte will now be added to my list of fascist organisations.
Being scheduled last and the interviewers running late was terrible, I was falling asleep by the time my turn (to fail) came round. Partly becuase I didn't get in, I DO NOT reccomend others for this course esp. if they only except randoms who liked IPT and all that social&ethical/Systems Analysis crap.
- P4R4N01D (from interview on the 24th, unsociable one in b/w)

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
Aw that's a shame ^^ Did you try out for the Maq "Merit" scheme?

So there were 40 people who applied in Round 1, and 30 who applied in Round 2?

Tried out in Round 1, apparently I'm still eligible but not definately in. .. I heard there were more sponsors than ever this year

I could be wrong though

endingstory

HSC
Patar said:
Aw that's a shame ^^ Did you try out for the Maq "Merit" scheme?

So there were 40 people who applied in Round 1, and 30 who applied in Round 2?

Tried out in Round 1, apparently I'm still eligible but not definately in. .. I heard there were more sponsors than ever this year

I could be wrong though
They still don't know for sure how many sponsors there are for next year. Could be more, or less.. they're still not sure. But my guess is less, due to the economic crisis.

help_me_please

it nerd
HSC
i thought i'd answer some of the things that you guys have been saying here :)
i'm a second year BIT (well now 3rd I guess :p) so PM me for any questions.

They still don't know for sure how many sponsors there are for next year. Could be more, or less.. they're still not sure. But my guess is less, due to the economic crisis
economic crisis won't really affect it. the usual amount of sponsors is in the 20s or low 30s. You are right that they do vary from year to year. The 06 had about 26, the 07 cohort had 23 and the 08 had 33 so there isn't a sort of trend with it. I would guess (and this is just me guessing and has nothing to do with uts) that there will probably be a number in the high 20s for next year.

Probably because I only care about the technical aspect (programming)
not true at all. some sponsors are very technical including CargoWise EDI, QAD, IBM and EDS off the top of my head. We have also had Cisco in the past. There are about 6-7 hard core developers in my year (so 7/23) so it's not just for those wanting a business degree. The whole point of a BIT is that you get industry experience and get to see all the facets of IT.

Deloitte will now be added to my list of fascist organisations.
how is deloitte related to this? if it was because they interviewed you, it's not their fault. They have a pretty strict marking scheme to go by so its all very standardised.

I DO NOT reccomend others for this course esp. if they only except randoms who liked IPT and all that social&ethical/Systems Analysis crap.
I did IPT and SDD and thoroughly enjoyed both. I think that's why I tried out for it. BIT is an extremely prestigious degree. There is such a rigourous method for getting in is because they want to ensure that they get the best of the best for it. they want really well rounded people who are interested in all sides (or are willing to try all sides) of IT.

hujikolp

HSC
hey thanks jess with answering everyones forum questions..

I hope you guys get in, but then again i hope u don't :p lol, cos i really really want to get in too..
I got the letter saying "congragulations... something something something... offered a spot if you get 94uai or above"

So i'm pretty happy, except i'm worried that i won't get in because i don't think i'll get over 94..

hopefully see you, westtigers and Patar next year if we all get in *fingers crossed*

ANd i was in the first round, and i know a few a few people who also got the offer too.. so i reckon the first round may have been a bit better.. hehehe :haha:

So how did everyone on the second round think they went???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)