• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

b of psychology elective units (1 Viewer)

paramount8000

HSC
i'm having trouble looking for good elective units for b of psych, anyone having the same problem? i;m not sure if i;m doin it right, but i;m looking at millions of units one by one and seeing if its level 1, and its really annoying.

so far i have got psychology for community work. i need one for autumn session and i;m wandering what anyone else has.

(btw, is there any short cut to finiding units that are level 1?)

*Buttercup*

HSC
Hey, sorry u posted this question ages ago.. but in case ur still wondering... no, there's no short cut. at least theres none that iv ever found!

Dannielle@3

HSC
N/A
I am also having trouble figuring this out!

Can anyone point out a few electives which are an option for first year Autumn session 2009?

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
You can do any level 100 unit as your elective, but obviously not a level 200 + as they have prerequesites. Choose one that's at your home campus (Bankstown). Not sure if there's many level 100 psych subjects besides what you'll be doing as your core subjects, so maybe choose something you're interested in or something in a similar field? For my first year electives I did Inequality and Human Rights (a social science subject) and Everyday Life (an arts subject with a sociological viewpoint). Some of the core BA subjects are very interesting as well.

Dannielle@3

HSC
N/A
You can do any level 100 unit as your elective, but obviously not a level 200 + as they have prerequesites. Choose one that's at your home campus (Bankstown). Not sure if there's many level 100 psych subjects besides what you'll be doing as your core subjects, so maybe choose something you're interested in or something in a similar field? For my first year electives I did Inequality and Human Rights (a social science subject) and Everyday Life (an arts subject with a sociological viewpoint). Some of the core BA subjects are very interesting as well.
Thank-you!

I'm still a little confused though. Do I need to do a unit set?. Or can i just pick eloectives from wherever I want. I was thinking for semester 1 doing 400680.1 Crime and Criminal Justice

and for semester 2 doing 400681.2 Crime and Criminology

Is that possible? Sorry for all the questions

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
As it's your elective and you already have your core subjects picked (the psych ones), I would see no need for you to pick a unit set as your major isn't criminology. I would double check this in case I'm wrong though...but I picked a Social Science subject last Autumn without a unit set and it was fine.

Dannielle@3

HSC
N/A
Thank you so much.

I have added Crime and crimnal justice as my elective for the autumn session. Is the elective supposed to be orange and the core unit green on the unit selection page in the table? (Sorry if that doesn't make sense)

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
It could mean they're from different schools, but I'm not sure about that one, sorry. I would check with UWS's student learning centre just in case though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)