Bachelor of Accounting (COOP!!) UTS Inforation Evening (1 Viewer)

Manroop

HSC
The UTS Bachelor of Accounting Scholarship Program is one the elite business programs across Australia. Boasting an impressive list of sponsors and plenty of professional development options it offers more than just a normal business degree. Come along to our Info Evening

For details and how to RSVP please visit: http://cfsites1.uts.edu.au/business/news-events/event-detail.cfm?ItemId=34617

Round 1 Information Evening
Date: Tuesday 21 May 2013
Time: 7.00 - 8.00 pm
Venue: Room CB06.3.22, Peter Johnson Building, 702-730 Harris Street, Broadway NSW 2007

Last edited:

Manroop

HSC
Any questions prior to the night, just post them here and I or the other BAcc's will be more than happy to assist!

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC
I remember reading somewhere, that BAcc also accept non-school leavers.

Can you verify this?

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A
Hey i was wondering how competitive it is to get into the course and what the process is after you have been offered an interview?

Manroop

HSC
Hey i was wondering how competitive it is to get into the course and what the process is after you have been offered an interview?
Unfortunately i cant disclose the numbers behind how many applicants there are but generally around 30 students are accepted into the course (small fluctuations in scholars does occur each year). Once you have been offered an in interview you will obviously have to come in ot do an interview which for round 1 should be in the july school holidays. From there you may receive a conditional offer or be placed on the reserve list. The final offer is made contingent on ATAR results

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A
THanks for the reply! Can i ask what type of questions do they ask in the interviews?

Manroop

HSC
THanks for the reply! Can i ask what type of questions do they ask in the interviews?
Unfortunately i cant answer that, but im sure with enough research you can get a fairly good idea :)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Is this just a general info overview and Q&A? I'm not sure if i can make it, so hopefully i don't miss out on much.

Manroop

HSC
Is this just a general info overview and Q&A? I'm not sure if i can make it, so hopefully i don't miss out on much.
Its all of those things plus an opportunity to prise information to make your application from current students about what they did to make their application stand out. Also, knowing that most people who apply for BAcc also apply for cadetships, its also a good opportunity to find out what makes the two options different and find out other peoples perspectives as some of the current BAcc's received other coop's and cadetship offers as well.

Manroop

HSC
Just a reminder guys! The information evening for BAcc 2014 is on this Tuesday. Hope to see you there!

Manroop

HSC
Are any sponsors attending this Tues?
yep sponsors will be attending this event and as will all current students and some past students to help anyone gain a better understanding of the immense benefits of this course

kerowillyam

HSC
N/A
Hi Manroop,
Just wondering if you would know whether the estimated ATAR result provided by the school on part (b) of the application has a significant effect on my chances of getting an interview?

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
Hi Manroop,
Just wondering if you would know whether the estimated ATAR result provided by the school on part (b) of the application has a significant effect on my chances of getting an interview?
I'm not Manroop but I can tell you that it would only really matter if it's so low as to worry them about your chances of making the final cutoff (from memory they wanted people to be at least ~95?)

It's not like medicine where there is a clear relationship between each additional point and the probability of getting an interview.

kerowillyam

HSC
N/A
Thanks Vagabond :)

Unfortunately, I believe that will be the case for me. I easily fulfil 4 out of 5 of the selection criteria (see below for direct quote) with flying colours however my assumed ATAR result (based on my current results) may be in the higher 80s to lower 90s. With that in mind, I do hope that I will at least be invited for an interview to reinforce claim into the course.

Here is a direct quote from the Bacc website:

"Selection criteria are as follows:
A genuine and informed interest in an accounting-based career
Personal attributes needed to succeed both as a student and in a business career - communication skills, inter-personal skills, team-working skills, problem-solving skills, enthusiasm and dedication
Involvement and achievement in a range of activities and interests
Demonstrated leadership qualities or potential
Academic ability (desirable ATAR: 95)"

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

Unfortunately, I believe that will be the case for me. I easily fulfil 4 out of 5 of the selection criteria (see below for direct quote) with flying colours however my assumed ATAR result (based on my current results) may be in the higher 80s to lower 90s. With that in mind, I do hope that I will at least be invited for an interview to reinforce claim into the course.

Personal attributes needed to succeed both as a student and in a business career - communication skills, inter-personal skills, team-working skills, problem-solving skills, enthusiasm and dedication
I have heard rumors of people getting in with 85-90 if they satisfy the rest of the criteria.

Vagabond

Machine
HSC

You've nothing to lose by applying! 'Desirable' is probably a good hint, I wouldn't rule out your chances.

Otherwise if you're genuinely interested in the field be sure to consider cadetships. Their only 'cut-off' is that you get into a business/commerce degree so your ATAR can be mid 80's and you won't have a problem.

Even if you leave your cadetship after one year you'll still have a massive legup on most people for future prospects.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)