Bachelor of Arts/Master of Teaching (Primary) (1 Viewer)

Gdedaj

Procrastinator
HSC
I was wondering if anyone knows whether you have to pick certain units and/or majors for the first year? Are there ones that you have to select that are compulsory for the accelerated teaching course in the fourth year?

I'm just a little confused on what I have to pick.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
There are education subjects that you need to pick throughout your degree for the 80 point education major and accelerated fourth year. You also pick your arts major (also 80 points) in your first year.

Have you had a look at this? Course

spoilt-brat

HSC
On the UWS site there is a recommended sequence to follow...well thats what i'm doing anyway...From what I can remember you do 2 core units, 1 unit from the education major and one from the other major for the Autumn and Spring sessions this yr...nxt yr it changes...but have a look at the course description in the uws handbook and you'll see what i'm talking about.

I also have a question....I want to be a primary teacher obviously when I finish this course...Just wondering by picking psychology if it will allow me to meet to requirements to be a primary teacher?? I guess I will find out at the Academic Advising but if anyone could give me an answer that would be great...I want to pick psychology as my 2nd major but I am obviously not going to pick it if the degree does not meet the requirements...a lil confused with that atm...any help would be great :)

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I'm sure that as long as you fulfill your 80 point education major, a 80 point psychology major would be fine. I have a few friends in the Primary pathway program and their arts major is psychology as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)