Bachelor of Arts (Pathway to Primary Teaching) - Psychology major (1 Viewer)

spoilt-brat

HSC
Hey,
Just wondering if there is anyone doing Bachelor of Arts (Pathway the Teaching Primary) that has chosen to major in Psychology?? I am having trouble understanding what units we are meant to complete as our 80cp major. I have had a look in the handbook and it says we have to pick electives which would take us over that 80cp's. Could anyone plz clarify and list what units we are meant to complete in this course over its durations of 3 yrs??

Any help appreciated!

spoilt-brat

HSC
Also if there is anyone doing Psychology for the Bachelor of Arts (Pathway to Primary Teaching) what unit, if any, are you doing this semester from the psychology major.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I would email the education department for this one, the degree has been changed recently so a lot of my knowledge is outdated. Have you checked out the Schools of Education and Psych on vUWS? They have a lot of fresh info there...

spoilt-brat

HSC
Yeh I have actually checked it out...I got some info on the E-learning section of the UWS site and it has units for the major as well as the sub-major...I have emailed both the School of Psychology and School of Languages and Humanities to see what they say....do you think I should email the education department too???

R

Roxtar

Here's the info I got from UWS by phoning:

Goto QuickLinks at top right of UWS website.

Select -> MySr

Click Enrolment on the left of the page

Click Unit Selection

Enter units:

100846 Analytical Reading and Writing (From B.Arts core)
101184 Psychology: Human Behaviour (From Psych Major)
100958 Australia and the World (From B.Arts core)
100633 Mathematical Patterns and Relationships (From Education major)

Actually, UWS on the phone told me about the 1st 3 (100846, 101184, 100958).

The 4th one (100633) I took a guess and added it on my own.

Also (101184 and 100958) seem to be unavailable now, so maybe they are full?

Feedback is very welcome here.... Actually I encourage you to please give me feedback on my selections so I can be correct a mistake if there is one.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Roxtar, you're at Bankstown yeah? I did Behavioural Science in Autumn but that was because I was at Penrith. I do remember people doing Mathematical Patterns and Relationships in their first Autumn session, so I think that sounds correct.

spoilt-brat, I would email the School of Education, I have watched Adelma Hills (head of School of Psych) on vUWS advise others in your situation to do so as they advise on your education major part of the BA. If I see any new info for Pathways people, I'll post it here for you :)

R

Roxtar

Correct ambermorn, I'm at Bankstown. By the way, thanks for all your help so far...

To the OP question... about 80cp.

info here first: Course

Recommended full-time sequence

2 BA Core units... Choose two of the following, which ever are available at your campus in autumn

100958.1 Australia and the World
100960.1 Contemporary Society
100968.2 Texts and Traditions
100846.1 Analytical Reading and Writing

Major.. the only Psych unit available in autumn is

101184.1 Psychology: Human Behaviour

Education Studies.. choose 1 of the following from pool A

100633.1 Mathematical Patterns and Relationships
101616.1 Mathematics Principles and Applications

So to summarize, now you have selected:

2 units from BA Core
1 Unit from Psych
1 Unit from Education

As stated earlier all this info is from the Recommended full-time sequence on the page Course

spoilt-brat

HSC
Thanks everyone for the info provided...It has ensured me that my units are correct for this semester. I will send an email to clarify. My question is more aimed at the psychology units. I just need to know what units from the psychology major I need to complete to satisfy my 80cp major. From the E-learning section I have gathered the following units which says ...

Units in the Psychology Major (Unit set M1040)

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]
101184 Psychology: Human Behaviour
101183 Psychology: Behavioural Science
100013 Experimental Design and Analysis
101684 Brain and Behaviour
101680 Perception
101676 Human Learning
101677 Cognitive Processes
101682 Developmental Psychology
Does this sound right?? I already have sorted out what my educational major will consist of...its just the psychology major I'm a bit confused with. Basically I sort of want to plan ahead so I know what I need to complete...like a check list I can work off!!​
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I do think that is correct spoilt-brat, I just logged onto vUWS and found the same thing.

In the old Psychology key program, you were meant to complete two psych electives, but looking at the new major that you will be starting, there is no mention of this, so chances are you happened across some old infomation :).

Unit Set

spoilt-brat

HSC
Thank you so much ambermorn...you have taken so much stress off my shoulders :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)