Bachelor of Aviation (Flying) question (1 Viewer)

jason21

HSC
I was thinking of doing this course in 2008 as i really want to be a pilot but unfortunately i dropped 2unit maths at the start of yr11. I know you can bridging courses and that but i am pretty much willing to do anything to get in. I'm also worried that i won't be able to cope with the level of maths in the course.

Also, does anyone know the total costs including the flying? i know it's around 200k for the 3 years.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Well, my brother's currently doing the course and he's certainly struggling with the math. He did General in high school.

He's completing it in four years as well because of failing a couple classes early on that were math centric. He did quite well in physics in high school but his lack of math has apparently quite let him down.

Also, have you done any flying before? It reflects well if you have.

jason21

HSC
Yea i've done about 28hrs currently done my first solo and almost at General Flying Progress Test(GFPT) where i can take passengers. I'm doing Physics too and finding it fine, definetly not the Maths in it that is troubling me, just the writing parts a bit.
Also i am coming first in general maths on about 94% average and seriously regretting dropping down now.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Don't make the mistake of thinking physics at high school has -any- maths in it.

Don't know about the content of aviation, but I do know someone who does it--and it often involves lots of very early mornings (4-5am IIRC). There's no way I could do that :p

CloudStrife

HSC
Hi
How's the application process for BAviation (Flying)? I believe there is an interview process. Can anyone share their experiences?

mr.tos

HSC
Aviation degrees are useless. Ask anyone in the industry

Last edited:

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
75 for VCE Enter down here at Swinburne...

Last edited:
HSC
you cant do the cadetship for qantas..

your maths standard isnt high enough and they dont accept bridging programs for the course..

inter_Stud

HSC
75 for VCE Enter down here at Swinburne...
ive been thinking about doing this course. was previously wanting to get into the course offered at UNSW but my parents didnt want me moving interstate so soon.
can you tell me anything about the content and experience at swinburne?
also... yeah im doing methods... but... currently... i hate it.
please tell me its not all math!!!

ntrinh

HSC
Hi!

i know that Swinburne's aviation course is rather popular in Vic and they do have great structure with flying hours and stuff. Even though the entry is only 75 (lower than other uni), but the quality is well recognized by the industry

You could choose to go with Graduate Certificate to go or Bachelor of Aviation. There are not always everything about math

Check this link: Graduate Certificate of Aviation (Piloting) at Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia

More infomation, visit this website: Swinburne

Good luck with your decision!

TheStallion

HSC
1) The cost is $108,000 for the three years according to the 2010 UAC guide.

2) Too much previous flying experience can be a cause of rejection from the degree. Anything over a 50 hours PPL and they'll turn you down, so try to keep it at no more than 30 hours, with no aerobatic ratings or IFR licences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)