• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Bachelor of Commerce and or Business - 2 unit Maths? (1 Viewer)

El Magnifico

HSC
Hi, im looking at doing bachelor of commerce to hopefully go into Accounting/finance, i was wondering however the importance of 2 unit maths; can you not do the course without it?

I say this as from what i know i'm assuming my marks for 2 unit will probably only be a low 70% however in general i gather i can get alot higher, and i think it would be more beneficial for ATAR to do so, however if i need it for the course i shall stay, just wondering the importance of it.

Any help appreciated.

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
Imo, do general math for statistic

and accounting is simple math.. like 2000-1550, 120x4x6 etc etc

miaowsha

HSC
Hi, im looking at doing bachelor of commerce to hopefully go into Accounting/finance, i was wondering however the importance of 2 unit maths; can you not do the course without it?

I say this as from what i know i'm assuming my marks for 2 unit will probably only be a low 70% however in general i gather i can get alot higher, and i think it would be more beneficial for ATAR to do so, however if i need it for the course i shall stay, just wondering the importance of it.

Any help appreciated.
Depends which uni you're looking into going to. UNSW requires a mark of 60% or higher in 2unit (advanced) maths.

Oh and when I was in year 12, I remember being told that you have to get above 90 in general maths to not get scaled down...

princess_neko

HSC
umm im doing accounting/ finance @ uts atm.
as for the accounting part, the level of maths is super easy (adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, etc). it's baby stuff - you only need a simple calculator to do all the work.
as for finance, you are required to have a better maths knowledge. usually, they give you formulas, and you just sub it in. you also have to do a maths/statistic subject as part of this major - you'll do basic calculus like differentiating, integration, drawing graphs, and more formulas. they are quite easy if you did 2u maths before since it will be more like a revision for you. but yeah, it wud prolly be a b lot harder for ppl who never done this before. but again, they usually offer some maths classes for those people who are lacking in these areas....

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Depends if you want to do financey stuff later on. Some finance subjects are very maths based but you have the choice and can do the more theoretical ones.

The only core maths you will be required to do is not too hard- it'll be easier than 2 unit. You'll only need it for present valuing stuff and statistics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)