Bachelor of Education vs. Bachelor of Teaching (1 Viewer)

*rUsTy*

HSC
What's the difference between the two? Is one better than the other? I noticed the Bachelor of Education usually comes paired with a Bachelor of Arts (something I'll already have by this time next year).

Edit: Also, how does a Diploma or the likes of that in Education measure up to the degrees?

I have another question which I might as well put in here to avoid starting a new thread. Realistically, how serious would a young male English teacher be taken? Don't ask me why I'm worrying about this sort of thing but it's just from experience (usually women and older) that it doesn't fit the mould and that someone like that should be teaching PE for example. I know it's a while away but does a job like this discriminate with age? Personally I'd be willing to hire an eager, younger teacher fresh from Uni :p

Last edited:

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
there's nothing wrong with a young male english teacher! im sure many schools would be eager for something a little 'different' as well. (younger males might connect better with male students, etc.)

i think b.teaching is a graduate-entry program, so if you combine it with arts for example, you do all your arts degree before you start teaching degree. whereas with b.education, you do it at the same time.

not completely sure, but i think thats what it is..

*rUsTy*

HSC
Haha well thanks for both those pieces of advice. I read in another thread that Master of Teaching was the replacement for a Diploma in Education... oh well, I also read that it's not necessarily the qualification that's more appealing to employers but rather if your area of expertise is in demand.

HSC
A B Teach is probably more focused on teaching and the aspects of teaching while B Ed focuses on more aspects of education, including teaching.

I think.

Brontecat

HSC
just another few questions that're sorta similar:

what's the difference between doing the Bachelor of education (primary) and the Bachelor of education (early childhood and primary)? Does the course content greatly vary and would i be disadvantaged for choosing the latter if i want to be a primary school teacher?

are there any courses that qualify you to teach both secondary and primary?

in regards to the OP i find there to be nothing wrong with a young male teacher, it offers variety and can help different students relate better

melodic_gal

HSC
just another few questions that're sorta similar:

what's the difference between doing the Bachelor of education (primary) and the Bachelor of education (early childhood and primary)? Does the course content greatly vary and would i be disadvantaged for choosing the latter if i want to be a primary school teacher?

are there any courses that qualify you to teach both secondary and primary?

in regards to the OP i find there to be nothing wrong with a young male teacher, it offers variety and can help different students relate better

The Bachelor of Education (primary) caters for children ages 5-11 (K - 6 years) where as Bachelor of Education (early childhood and primary) caters for children birth to 11 this degree enables you to work in child care centres, public school system etc its great course because you learn every thing from child development, children's health etc its more in depth

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)