Bachelor of Engineering (General) question (1 Viewer)

boh94

HSC
Hi, i was just wondering what this degree is like, is it similar to a flexible first year degree offered at Sydney or UNSW? If i got into this degree could i easily transfer/choose subjects to enable me to become a civil engineer? also if i was able to transfer over to civil, would this add an extra year? thanks

Last edited:

ottowa

HSC
N/A
i'd imagine it'd be similar to the flexible first year degrees, dont think it should add any years to your degree. if you want to do civil, why not just choose civil engineering then?

red-butterfly

HSC
I've had a few friends that do the flexible first year for B Eng. To be honest the only difference it has is the fact that UTS offers the diploma of Engineering Practice with the B Eng. Meaning unlike UNSW or Usyd, you have to do two 6 month internships, which makes this degree a 5 year degree.

At UNSW and Usyd you only need to do 12 weeks of industry experience I think and those courses are only 4 years. It's really up to you.

suani

HSC
Hi
I would recommend u to apply at UTS for any engineering course as this uni is best with its facilities and best educational experience!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)