Bachelor of Science and Business at UNSW?? (1 Viewer)

habibi213

HSC
Hi, I'm doing my HSC this year and now that I've finished my trials, I've got to decide my undergraduate course for next year. I've been considering doing a degree that contains both aspects of science (because I've a keen interest in science) and business/commerce and doesn't have too high an ATAR cutoff. So I did some research and found the Bachelor of Science and Business at UNSW which has an ATAR cutoff of 90, which seems perfect for me.

However, I'm a bit unsure about the nature of the course itself. Is it a popular course? Does this kind of degree have good job prospects? Do you guys have friends that do this degree and what do they think of it? What are the best degrees to have right now in terms of gaining employment?

Obviously I've never been to university or experienced it for myself, so hopefully you guys can help me out on this one! :guitar:

Cheers =D

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Both degrees have good career prospects, I have a friend doing it too :)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Its not popular coz I dont think you can major in anything for the business component unlike comm/science. I may be wrong. So please correct me if I am

esaitchkay

HSC
Just to note, UNSW Open Day is on the 6th of September, so you can actually attend sample lectures to get a taste for the different degrees!

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Only the engineering ones are worth going to
No all are good.

Just follow what you want to do.

And to re-iterate, do what you want to do:

Open day last year gave me the most informed decision as to what I really wanted to do.

Thoroughly recommend high school students going to really see what they want to do.

I also recommend that following around your friends with completely different interests is something that you absolutely do not want to do.

The last thing you want is to end up knowing what your friends are going to do but have no clue what you are going to do.

Also, please don't derail the thread. Instead post all unsw open day enquiries here:

http://community.boredofstudies.org...wales/310234/unsw-open-day-9.html#post6704526

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)