Back up to medical degree .. (1 Viewer)

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Does maintaining a good WAM at Sydney in any way contribute to your chances of getting into graduate medicine?

It's not my original choice, but if my current path doesn't live up to my expectations I'd like to have a back up.
No. Not at usyd. 65 WAM is the only uni-related hurdle.

drewbles

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey people! What if someone was to study something like Commerce or Economics if they weren't accepted into undergrad med? Would they be disadvantaged if they were also able to score 65+ (don't understand why that's so low but whatever) in terms of the science background? Or a different scenario, what if they do that but didn't study sciences for their HSC? (I'd probably say self-teach and get a tutor?)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
So my aim is to eventually study an mbbs as either an undergrad after year 12, or as a grad .. I can't decide however upon what I'd do as an alternate undergraduate degree. Here are my options:

Bachelor of Nursing ( advanced studies ) - Usyd
Bachelor of Science ( Major - Anatomy or Neuroscience ) - Usyd/ Unsw
Bachelor of Engineering/ Bachelor of Science - Uts
Bachelor of Science /Bachelor of Law - Uws
Bachelor of Education ( Science ) - Anywhere really
Bachelor of Medical Science - Anywhere also
Bachelor of Biomedical Engineering - Unsw

Each has their merits and based upon my own interests I'd like to do the nursing degree, but I'm not certain for many reasons ( Not salary or gender based ) .. Opinions on what degree you all would take :)
nursing, engineering, education.

Bam.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Damn shame. Do you know of any higher ranking universities that do consider GPA/WAM?
USyd if you're equal last for a spot after interviews it goes tithe highest WAM.

And like pretty much all unis except USyd have a WAM/GPA + GAMSAT weighting system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)