Backpacks in lectures (re: 8) (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah do not leave it outside, people take things

thechosen1

are we allowed to eat lunch during tutorials, pracs and lectures?? im going to uws.. cause if im timetabled on for an entire day with no breaks 9-6... when do i get to eat?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by thechosen1
are we allowed to eat lunch during tutorials, pracs and lectures?? im going to uws.. cause if im timetabled on for an entire day with no breaks 9-6... when do i get to eat?
faaar- thats crazy man- if i were u, i'd eat during lectures. :D ;)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Asquithian
In fact i dont think foos is actually allowed offcially at unsw in the lecture halls ...
same for newcastle, but i get the feeling everyone eats anyway.

so it is totally impossible to put a backpack (eg, mine fits a4,but isnt all that wide-as in it doesnt sit a kilometer off your back) under your seat?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Nono, you can bring small backpacks (big enough for your folder and stuff) and it'll fit, just don't walk around like geeky year sevens carrying every possession they own around on their back. It won't fit. :)

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
ehhe when u eating chips during lectures
the rattle in the chip package everytimes u take a chip out and the cruncking noise if biting the chips can sometime be disturbing and the lecturer might tell u off
lol
just imagining things here

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Nono, you can bring small backpacks (big enough for your folder and stuff) and it'll fit, just don't walk around like geeky year sevens carrying every possession they own around on their back. It won't fit. :)
Unless you're poor and live on the streets, then look pathetic enough so people know that these are all of your meager earthly possessions and not to hassle you about it :p

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I take my backpack...or bag as I like to call it into lectures. Most of my lectures I can put my bag on the floor and its fine. Sometimes you can put it on the seat next to you if no one is sitting on one or both of your sides, or if your sitting at the end of an aisle then thats good too!

And yeh...why is this thread called 8? :p

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Majesty
Yes you can take your backpack in lectures....
Originally posted by santaslayer
NO......u SHOULD bring ur backpack to Lecz! :p
was that aimed at me?

yeah, i know we can take them in, i was just curious as to where i would store it if there were no underseat storage.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
what size books would you recommend and how many for each subject, like diff for lects and tutes and either a4 or those small ones?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i think most people seem to use a4 lecture pads...

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by choco
what size books would you recommend and how many for each subject, like diff for lects and tutes and either a4 or those small ones?
I will just tell you what I am using. I am using just normal A4 binder books (96 pages) because I was so unbelievably lazy in year 12 and I used loose leaf paper and everything was just a mess. This way everything should stay in order. I will be using the same book for lectures and tutorials because they cover the same content anyway:).

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Dingo2004
ehhe when u eating chips during lectures
the rattle in the chip package everytimes u take a chip out and the cruncking noise if biting the chips can sometime be disturbing and the lecturer might tell u off
lol
just imagining things here
then opt for hot chips. :D

Originally posted by hipsta_jess
was that aimed at me?

yeah, i know we can take them in, i was just curious as to where i would store it if there were no underseat storage.
yeah, well u can't expect designers (of the room) to think of these things- i mean a lot of the lecture rooms don't even cater for left handers-and now we are expecting the designers to allow underseat storage? LoL

Originally posted by hipsta_jess
i think most people seem to use a4 lecture pads...
yep- and hence their name. :D

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Well lecture theatres are supposed to be uncomfortable so you don't sleep in them.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
yeah, well u can't expect designers (of the room) to think of these things- i mean a lot of the lecture rooms don't even cater for left handers-and now we are expecting the designers to allow underseat storage? LoL

yep- and hence their name. :D
i bet the designers were right-handed males.

lol, id never even though of why lecture pads were called that before..

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
because males designed every thing stupid...lecture theatres, white kitchen appliances, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)