Backpacks in lectures (re: 8) (1 Viewer)

louise_wanda

nerdy nerd?

i realise it is a little off topic, but that kind of summarises this thread... :)

my question....does anyone actually take a laptop into lectures to take notes/play solitaire or is that a bid of a nerdy-nerd thing to do??

nerdy.

nerd.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
umm...in all my lectures so far i have seen a grand total of ONE person using a laptop

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
wouldn't the typing annoy ppl, and what if your batt runs low?...i think ppl bring them research and stuff like to use when the library computers are taken.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
i bet the designers were right-handed males.
There are some left-handed seats in certain rooms (Mathews lecture hall has them)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
umm...in all my lectures so far i have seen a grand total of ONE person using a laptop
Yeah, I have only seen two people using them and one guy dropped his:eek:.

How annoying are the lecture tables though, they keep falling down and there are no left handed ones. Another thing, I wish the lectures would leave their overhead pages up for a little longer:(.

mel81

Originally posted by Merethrond

How annoying are the lecture tables though, they keep falling down and there are no left handed ones. Another thing, I wish the lectures would leave their overhead pages up for a little longer:(.
haha yeah that is so anoying especially when they only put it up for like a second or so.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Merethrond

im coping all right so far with the powerpoint slides...are yours using them, or true overheads as such? try going onto blackboard, you should be able to download them.
the lecture tables...dont get me started!! some are alright, the ones that go right across and sit on a metal bar on the other side (eg the ones in STH), but the little ones that only go like 1/2-3/4 of the way (eg CT's) really piss me off!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
im coping all right so far with the powerpoint slides...are yours using them, or true overheads as such? try going onto blackboard, you should be able to download them.
the lecture tables...dont get me started!! some are alright, the ones that go right across and sit on a metal bar on the other side (eg the ones in STH), but the little ones that only go like 1/2-3/4 of the way (eg CT's) really piss me off!
Yeah, sorry I meant PowerPoint slides. The only problem is that one of my teachers doesn't believe in putting her lecture notes up on Blackboard:rolleyes:. It is OK though because most of the lecture notes are in the text books anyway:). Actually, I am thinking about just going to the lectures and listening to what the lecturer has to say and then go home and read the text book, because you don't get to listen to what the lecturer has to say if you are constantly writing anyway:).

Yeah, I only have one lecture in those first kind of seats which is good because they make you feel more confined and are really old:rolleyes:. CT ones were the one I was talking about. They should have made them so they clip into something:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)