Bad handwriting affecting ATAR? (1 Viewer)

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
That's true. Knowing how much to write for those is important. I say two paragraphs for a two mark question, half a page for a three mark question or so.
Yup. 5mrks = one & a half page with decent size writing. 10 marks = three pages etc. I always emphasise more time to extended responses because you are bound to get most of your marks there.

wogboy23

HSC
Thats not too bad. Very elegant. I do bubble letters. Your handwriting isn't as bad as some doctors haha. No need to panic I am sure they can read it. If they can read my horrible cursive writing they can make do with yours. XP
Thanks passionxmusic! I'm starting to worry less :l Did you have a look at attachment 23723? That's probably my worst (it was an exam for Frankenstein and Blade Runner that I got 19/20 for LOL) So do you think the HSC markers will give me my due marks? Thanks again for the time you are devoting to someone of poor handwriting :S

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Thanks passionxmusic! I'm starting to worry less :l Did you have a look at attachment 23723? That's probably my worst (it was an exam for Frankenstein and Blade Runner that I got 19/20 for LOL) So do you think the HSC markers will give me my due marks? Thanks again for the time you are devoting to someone of poor handwriting :S
Honestly I believe they will give you the marks you deserve and if not apply for a review of marks. =]

wogboy23

HSC
thanks guys, well lets just hope for the best. You really can't read any of it Shadowdude? Yes, passionxmusic, I am going to appeal i I believe I don't get the marks I deserve. I just hope amount prevails. For example, in the 2hr EE1 paper I got onto my 6th booklet for my essay and 5th for my story :)

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
thanks guys, well lets just hope for the best. You really can't read any of it Shadowdude? Yes, passionxmusic, I am going to appeal i I believe I don't get the marks I deserve. I just hope amount prevails. For example, in the 2hr EE1 paper I got onto my 6th booklet for my essay and 5th for my story :)
95+ ATAR for sure. Congratulations in advance.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Your cursive has the opposite problem of mine, yours is very wide where mine is too close together-if we combine forces lol
I'll have to attach a picture of my handwriting!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I can read one or two words but I probably need context to what it actually is so I could read it properly.

Lina3

HSC
...I am just wondering how you managed to top EVERYTHING in the trails just..wow O_O

wogboy23

HSC
I generally write a lot. Had to read one essay for English, belonging creative writing piece, my legal and Extension 1 trials to the respective markers. Was kinda embarrassed but happy to get the markers. Hopeful for similar marks, but I know Modern and Legal will be worse.
Thanks again Passionxmusic! :)

kding214

HSC
A HSC marker at my school told us that teachers go into the marking centre with every intention of rewarding as most marks as th can and never consciously mark down for indecipherable handwriting. However, they are after all human and working in dingy lighting while scrutinizing illegible handwriting is bound to break the flow of your argument and that can indirectly make your essays seem disjointed and
Incohesive.

This is what I was told when my handwriting was deplorable

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
My ipod takes bad quality photos but there!
At least its as not bad as mine. I print write (bubble style) and when its messy... the letters are elongated from this size - to this -----. Not a pretty sight. But your handwriting is not bad, I wish I had cursive writing.

Last edited:

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
If you'd like to see my ugly bubble handwriting then go ahead and click the link below ~ I'm warning you... these are Statistics notes so read with caution.

2011-09-07_14.28.26[1].jpg

wogboy23

HSC
If you'd like to see my ugly bubble handwriting then go ahead and click the link below ~ I'm warning you... these are Statistics notes so read with caution.

View attachment 23734
This is your "bad" writing? That writing is simply beautiful!!! It's clear and heaps easy to read! I'm soo jealous, I wish I had legible writing like that. *sobs*
If you consider that bad, mine is a billion times worse :(

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
This is your "bad" writing? That writing is simply beautiful!!! It's clear and heaps easy to read! I'm soo jealous, I wish I had legible writing like that. *sobs*
If you consider that bad, mine is a billion times worse :(
Its bad because it looks childish ~ and all the mature age students keep commenting on how it reminds me of their days playing with bubbles. Pfft I want your handwriting!

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
my writings bad as well :(, i was called in by a marker to actually tell him what i had written and it toke me at least 10 minutes to figure it out lol
i got 19/20 lost a mark for SHOCKING hand writing

wogboy23

HSC
my writings bad as well :(, i was called in by a marker to actually tell him what i had written and it toke me at least 10 minutes to figure it out lol
i got 19/20 lost a mark for SHOCKING hand writing
That's impossible. I thought that wasn't allowed in ensuring a fair playing field. It would be unethical and unfair for someone to actually decipher their writing to the respective marker. (Not having a go at you just remember one marker saying exactly what I have said in so many words...)
Did you see how horrid my writing is? So you can actually lose marks for bad handwriting?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)