Bad handwriting affecting ATAR? (1 Viewer)

lorcolette

HSC
N/A
My handwriting is worse than all of these examples, trust me, but I've never lost marks for it, not at least that I can tell. So stop worrying because it's making me worry!

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The simple thing is that at the HSC we do try to give as many marks as we can but if we can't read it we can't give it marks. Yes we do make some effort to read all the work given to us but we are also restricted by time - we have only about 4 - 5 minutes to read all scripts so if we have to spend 20 minutes on a script to decifer it we can be told to move on and mark what we can.

This year I came across four or five really hard scripts to read (more than I have ever had before) and my SM helped me with them - we were able to award some marks but certainly not full marks.

wogboy23

HSC
The simple thing is that at the HSC we do try to give as many marks as we can but if we can't read it we can't give it marks. Yes we do make some effort to read all the work given to us but we are also restricted by time - we have only about 4 - 5 minutes to read all scripts so if we have to spend 20 minutes on a script to decifer it we can be told to move on and mark what we can.

This year I came across four or five really hard scripts to read (more than I have ever had before) and my SM helped me with them - we were able to award some marks but certainly not full marks.[/QUOTE

could you please have a look at post 19 cem? This is my handwriting at its worst and I fear that I may have achieved that level of horror in some of my exams. Could that be legible and marked accordingly by respective HSC markers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)