Bad school mark (1 Viewer)

leon4u

HSC
Ive just finished my trials and i do 10 units and for everything im in my 80s with top 5 ranks. But for Maths General I was really sick that day and without going into to much detail didnt do all the exam cause i was really sick, and teacher said he'd take that mark and so on.

My overall mark now is going to be in the 50s...

is there any chance at all in me getting an overall 70s mark in Maths General if i ace the Hsc exam?

Fat Fung

HSC
HSC is not everything
it doesnt determine rather u are gonna be successful or not
but it definitely puts your life in a much better situation then ppl who a crap uai

ElDragonChan

HSC
what you need to do is get a doctors certificate and get special consideration and they wont count the result for that exam.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
ElDragonChan said:
what you need to do is get a doctors certificate and get special consideration and they wont count the result for that exam.

That actually will depend on the school's policy - some schools will accept that.

Mine won't unless there is more than just the student's word for it that they were sick during the exam i.e. the supervisor saw them sick and they went straight to the doctor or they didn't do the exam and had the certificate at school on the next day, and sat the exam on that next day. We expect students to sit all trial exams as a guide to the marks even if we don't count that actual mark, with the understanding that we never estimate a student into first place - so if you don't do the exam on the day our policy is that you can't get first for that task, even if you have come first on all other assessment tasks. It is designed to stop the first ranked student deciding that they are sick to protect their ranking. Of course, if they are way in front, they should still get the #1 ranking but just not necessarily on that task.

Each school sets their own assessment policy. There are a range of differences between schools for instance e.g. our policy is to penalise students 50% of the total available marks one day late submission (which means after recess of the date due) so if a task is out of 20 a student who hands it in after recess looses 10 marks. Other schools will allow tasks to be submitted at any time during the day and/or will penalise less per day and might only penalise the % of what the student earnt rather than a % of the maximum mark available. Being at a private school that is registered every five years with BOS inspectors actually checking off the policy ours has been approved over the years.

runnable

HSC
leon4u said:
My overall mark now is going to be in the 50s...

is there any chance at all in me getting an overall 70s mark in Maths General if i ace the Hsc exam?
Think about it. If you get 100 in the externals... 70s will be easy as.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)