Bail (1 Viewer)

Jonathan A

HSC
Jennifer notified me of the 3-4 minute limit for our Criminal Law Bail Applications. That is so small!! What can I possibly advocate in 3-4 minutes? It takes about 1 minute to spell my last name.

L

LaraB

Jonathan A said:
Jennifer notified me of the 3-4 minute limit for our Criminal Law Bail Applications. That is so small!! What can I possibly advocate in 3-4 minutes? It takes about 1 minute to spell my last name.
lol where's that? is it in the unit outline?

coz for some reason i thought it was 5 minutes...

Jonathan A

HSC
The guide says 3-4 minutes to allow for questions. If I did this in real life, I would be disbarred for not acting in my client's interests. What an insult it is to get me to get out there in my Trench Jardeau and Tarocash for 5 minutes!!!!

Demandred

HSC
They aren't going to use a stop watch are they? Oh btw, what's this about a video, do we bring a video tape? or an actual camera?

= Jennifer =

HSC
LaraB said:
lol where's that? is it in the unit outline?

coz for some reason i thought it was 5 minutes...

on page nine on the guide to making bail applications it states:

NOTE 3: You should aim to speak for about 3-4 minutes in your application. The
Magistrate will ask questions of you which should take the application to around 4-5
minutes or perhaps slightly longer.

L

LaraB

Demandred said:
They aren't going to use a stop watch are they? Oh btw, what's this about a video, do we bring a video tape? or an actual camera?
video tape :)

Angel45

HSC
LOL - mine went for so long when i tried it the first time that my parent's go to me ur client will have already served the sentence by the time u read ur reasons for bail. hahaha..they're like... the teacher will give her bail just to make it stop!!

wooops! i got a tad carried away with pleading her case

Last edited:
L

LaraB

is it just me or is anyone else really worried that they have it all wrong lol

like...i swear i must have missed something.. or 2.. or 10.. :p

and im so worried my structure's totally wrong :(

Angel45

HSC
Like I don't think it's THAT easy, however, it does seem to be kind of easy, in a way, and thus I'm worried I'm doing something wrong.. like missing something/s...

and also, I'm not sure that I've linked everything in an appropriate way and with the appropriate "court" language. But really, watching the ones I watched in the supreme and local crt, they weren't like too technical or fancy...

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Jonathan A said:
It takes about 1 minute to spell my last name.
LOL I feel your pain :(

So people do actually spell their names? Bcoz for Mock Trial I was the only person who ever did it, and being Barrister 1, I had to spell the names of my co barrister and Instructing Solicitor...I had the long greek name and they had the long Indian surnames grrr....
I couldnt find the moot court at UWS 2day :(

mystify

HSC
Prosecution

Hi all, just wanted to ask whether we will be assessed when taking on the role as prosecutor. I was under the impression that we are but a few ppl have told me we're not...clarification would be very appreciated. :)

Demandred

HSC
I don't think we will get marked on being the prosecuter. The prosecuter is just there for the sake of making it look more realistic.

Angel45

HSC
Demandred said:
I don't think we will get marked on being the prosecuter. The prosecuter is just there for the sake of making it look more realistic.
Yeah, Tracey said we wouldn't be.
Have u seen the # of posts on WebCT bout bail.. lol..every1 is freakin' out

Jonathan A

HSC
melsc said:
LOL I feel your pain :(

So people do actually spell their names? Bcoz for Mock Trial I was the only person who ever did it, and being Barrister 1, I had to spell the names of my co barrister and Instructing Solicitor...I had the long greek name and they had the long Indian surnames grrr....
I couldnt find the moot court at UWS 2day :(
hahaha

The Moot Court is further up, near the Co-op Bookshop.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Jonathan A said:
hahaha

The Moot Court is further up, near the Co-op Bookshop.
A law student told me it wouldnt be open but I might be able to have a look in the window, but she didn't know where it was coz she was a Campbelltown student, so I went hunting for it...I found a sign and it said "Moot Court EO" I was like wtf and my friend said "its like class room numbers duh" I didn't end up finding it...I did see the co-op bookshop damn!

Demandred

HSC
Damn, could of done a lot better! The magistrate (Tracey) cut me half way through s 32. I was going through granting bail in the in the best interest of the person when she asked, you need to address the police's concerns over your client's offense. Ruined everything, that was the bulk of my s32.

Demandred

HSC
No not really, just a bit frustrated that I didn't say all I was prepared to say, it really weakened my argument. I was actually one of the shortest presentations.

= Jennifer =

HSC
i can just see myself 2morro

jen: "but wait i havent finished what i wanted to say"

magistrate: "yes you have move on to conditions of bail"

jen: shut up

magistrate: excuse me?!

jen: oh sorry..shut up your worship :rolleyes:

:p FAIL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)