balancing HSC and job (1 Viewer)

how many hours of work (job) do/did you do per week during your HSC year?

• 0, I dont/didnt have a job

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • 1~5

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • 6~10

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • 11~15

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • 16~20

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • more

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters

o7nesss

Behind that Tree
HSC
yea we had this guy called Andrew Fuller come in and give us like stress management skill and all that jazz.
he did say that the maximum you should work a week is 10 hours, nothing more. i only work 2, 5 hour shifts a week, and im not struggling at all, like i used to do like...4 a week...2 being 2 hour shifts, but thats just a waste of time.
i recon if you really wanna work, take the 2 shifts you work the most, and keep at least one day of the weekend free, for a social life and homework and stuff.
also try and work 5-6 hours on a sunday...that way you work the longest AND you get extra pay! (YIEW!) :p
it works for me, and hopefully it effective for some other people too :D

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
At the moment I work 2 4 hour shifts a week, and that does me. and yeah its good if one's a sunday.
I hate the idea of not having a job now. Best to mooch of parents for as long as possible, ie. earn and save now.
how else to fund europe adventures eh?

ASHK

germaphobe.
HSC
im a 'check-out chick' and i usually get about 7 hours of assigned shifts a week, then there the early hours of saturday and sunday morning where they call and say 'we are really desperate today, can you please come in and do a shift for us?'. I dont have the heart to say no sometimes, because they make me feel guilty by saying things such as 'we may as well close up the store then..'

deary me.. its really hard on my schoolwork because we get so much given to us for the weekend

michael1990

HSC
i do work, i do about >12 hours a week.

but i do not study. Which i should i just am not motivated enough to do it!

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
i quit the first week of the new school year although got a job in december last year and quit feb 2nd.
I found it easy in term 4 of year 12 but i had no social life in the holidays due to me always working and spending days off sleeping and just doing nothing!

Glad i quit when i did cause im stressing out as it is!
cause now i'd be working 8 hours

quacksaysthecow

HSC
well I am in a full-time job 38 hours a weeks and am doing my HSC through OTEN (Tafe correspondance)

I'll let you know how i do at the end of the year

I believe I can fit it all in, I guess it just depends on your motivation..

patty4848

HSC
Well it sucks for me... My parents hassled me into getting a job and i have been working quite often....That is, 15 hours last week, 17 this week, and maybe a little less next week...
I have told them I don't want to work that much except they keep putting me on the roster...
And im not allowed to quit because it seems like my parents value my stupid part-time job more than they do the hsc...And i can't quit because then my parents would kick me out....I'm serious, I really wouldn't put it past them.

So my UAI is decreasing with every week....Lucky me

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
that sucks man. do you think raging at them would work? throw em a curveball so to speak? :/

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
I'm getting all stressed because I've got school during the week, obviously, then 3-4 nights a week is the gym (which I have a membership for that I pay myself) and it's half an hour there and back. My bf happens to live almost 2 hours away, so I either stay at his or he stays at mine on most weekends, taking out a shitload of study time.
Plus I have a horse which costs $30 agistment a week.
And I need to save for an absolute crapload of stuff - which is a little hard to do on youth allowance.
I don't feel like I'm studying enough as it is, let alone if I get a job =|
Um, help?

ZJ NingNing

HSC
I am enjoying my tutoring job at the moment. It really is like the highlight of my week at school. my student/friend is really smart so I have a sense of accomplishment watching her improving maths.

It certainly does not affect my study as much as I thought it would. And apparently I am a pretty good tutor too. =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)