Balancing subjects for Year 11 (1 Viewer)

moonsuyoung

HSC
Hi!
I'm planning on doing for Year 11:
- advanced English
- advanced maths
- maths extension 1
- physics
- economics
- engineering studies
- software engineering

Is the workload alright? I live quite far from my school and I'm planning to keep a few extracurriculars. I'm contemplating if choosing software engineering will make me lose my marbles from the workload or if I should choose enterprise computing instead. However, I know I will enjoy software engineering more as it aligns more with my future career path.

carrotsss

HSC
Year 11 workload is tough but if you put in the work the skills you get in time management for year 12 will be very worth it. I’d say choose software engineering

moonsuyoung

HSC
Year 11 workload is tough but if you put in the work the skills you get in time management for year 12 will be very worth it. I’d say choose software engineering
Okk thank you! But I want to spend most of my time on maths as I am keen on doing extension 2 maths so would that be alright with this workload? Or should I switch it for a language?

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Hi!
I'm planning on doing for Year 11:
- advanced English
- advanced maths
- maths extension 1
- physics
- economics
- engineering studies
- software engineering

Is the workload alright? I live quite far from my school and I'm planning to keep a few extracurriculars. I'm contemplating if choosing software engineering will make me lose my marbles from the workload or if I should choose enterprise computing instead. However, I know I will enjoy software engineering more as it aligns more with my future career path.
did yall have a careers night expo thing yet?

moonsuyoung

HSC
i don't think software subjects are too intensive in terms of workload (as long as you manage time well 🫠)
heaviest subjects on here are probs eng, mx1 & econ
Okok thankss bestie! 🀩
I don't really mind the workload of economics and mx1 cause I love those subjects πŸ₯ΆπŸ₯Ά

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Okk thank you! But I want to spend most of my time on maths as I am keen on doing extension 2 maths so would that be alright with this workload? Or should I switch it for a language?
bro how many units even is that

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
bruh subject selection expo was so mid; too crowded and only 2 sessions
just bug the y12s in own time lol
my school had all the unis and crap in the library... my only wish was that the unis weren't all for agriculture and courses in that sector

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
all you need is chem and you've got asian 5

carrotsss

HSC
Yes that would be fine with that workload. Honestly β€˜workload’ isn’t that bad of an issue, no matter what subject combo you take there are always more than enough hours in the day to do well in every subject and still enjoy yourself and have fun if you organise your time well enough. And the hsc is designed so more work effectively equates to more ATAR (irrespective of the subject), so a higher workload basically just forces you to put in more work and get a better ATAR

howcanibesmarter

HSC
i think the workload in yr11 sets u up for yr12. honestly yr12 workload isnt acutally as bad as everyone thinks. you can get by just fine doing like 2hrs of work every day, just dont get burnt out by doing too much all at once, this happened to me prior to t2 exam block - i did like 1 past paper in 7 days.

moonsuyoung

HSC
hey guys!
What happens if I take so I can drop ex1 at any time?
mx1
ex1
phys
eco
software engineering
engineering studies

Should I do 14 units or would this workload be a bit too much???

moonsuyoung

HSC
i've heard business is pretty much common sense and i'm assuming it's kinda a bludge subject for you? doesn't seem too heavy from what friends say. langs might be a bit heavy but if u gen like the lang & teacher is good then it'll be fine
i think you can drop anytime as long as u have 12 or more units after u drop; probably ask teachers bcz this could vary across schools
thanks bestie pookie pie! :eek2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)