Bali Travel Warnings (1 Viewer)

xJennax

HSC
I was just reading that. I wasn't planning on going to Bali, but it's a real shame for those who were. :(
STUPID EFFIN TERRORISTS!! >=(

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC
gee i didnt think of schoolies when that was on the news. sorry bout that that really sucks. get your money back or not?
when were u planning on going? do u think the travel warnings will come down after a week or two?

o7nesss

Behind that Tree
HSC
uh oh...i was actually of going to indonesia and bali in december...
hope it should be ok by then :(
*sigh*

sparksy26

HSC
i know its shit hay! but come on lets just go n hav a good time, security will b increased i am not letting it spoil the time i hav been planning for ages! lets just go n get krazy n hav the best time ever! but if we dont go, thailand is lookin the best option from there!

Last edited:

tom112

HSC
Me and all my mates are still going.
Travel warning wasnt updated it has been the same since 2002.
They've just said be extra carefull.
Security has been beefed up heaps to from what ive heard
cant wait, only 22 more sleeps till i leave

one8two

HSC
they should be killed in the next few hours, so expect the Australian embassy to release another statement in the next day or two.

Dominic

HSC
N/A
Our advice will update on this page for Bali Schoolies. The Bali Bombers were executed yesterday and the gov has re-issued their travel warning for Indonesia but not upped the threat level to the point that you can get a refund from travel insurance. at any rate, we recommend you definitely change your plans and not celebrate schoolies in bali this year.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
13+ years of schooling, and what to show of it? "me and my mates r still going.", "fuck dem terrists", and "security will be heaps beefed up SO HENCE i'll be able to have a good time"

Indonesians are barbaric, and their police enjoy bribes and pestering Australians, You dickwads are gonna either end up dead, or having a really bad time.

laurennn91

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Indonesians are barbaric, and their police enjoy bribes and pestering Australians, You dickwads are gonna either end up dead, or having a really bad time.
i seriously want to kill you right now. it is sterotyping, generalising wankers like you and in the media who have completely destroyed the livelihood of the majority of the balinese.

i posted this in another thread but here it is again:

me and 6 friends are still going, we just changed it so we're going to lombok and the gili islands instead of seminyak in bali.

im so sick of this media hype freaking everyone out. the threats have been there for 6+ years and if you're smart enough you'll know to just stay away from the main clubs in kuta etc and just be sensible.

im also sick of the media/adults stereotyping all schoolies travellers, i heard on abc radio today, quote "all they want to do is get drunk and party, they cant look after themselves." that's complete bullshit. i'm going for a holiday and to experience the culture, and my parents know i'm smart enough to look after myself.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
laurennn91 said:
i seriously want to kill you right now. it is sterotyping, generalising wankers like you and in the media who have completely destroyed the livelihood of the majority of the balinese.

i posted this in another thread but here it is again:

me and 6 friends are still going, we just changed it so we're going to lombok and the gili islands instead of seminyak in bali.

im so sick of this media hype freaking everyone out. the threats have been there for 6+ years and if you're smart enough you'll know to just stay away from the main clubs in kuta etc and just be sensible.

im also sick of the media/adults stereotyping all schoolies travellers, i heard on abc radio today, quote "all they want to do is get drunk and party, they cant look after themselves." that's complete bullshit. i'm going for a holiday and to experience the culture, and my parents know i'm smart enough to look after myself.
so... if you dont believe it how come you changed your plans?

inter108

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
You are fucking stupid. Who's pestering who?

Cause everyone in Indonesia is a terrorist i forgot.

many Australians will still go there even though there are warnings.

Last edited:

laurennn91

HSC
we changed our plans so that everyone's parents would feel better about it. the thing i think is stupid is just cancelling altogether, except if you were staying in a massive club like the bounty in kuta.

of course i realise there's a threat, but i realised that a year ago when i decided to go to bali. some people are just so politically naive they don't care about what's going on until it directly affects them, for example the amount of people who have told be about the government warning being changed to a higher level in light of recent events, even though in reality it has been that high since 2002.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
lauren said:
i seriously want to kill you right now.
Go to Indonesia then. I understand they enjoy killing people for trivial reasons. If you're Australian and you want to drink, some terrorists will blow you up. If you smuggle drugs, the government will kill you. Whoa yeah man, Indonesia sounds like a great place.

i'm going for a holiday and to experience the culture, and my parents know i'm smart enough to look after myself.
Your parents won't be saying then when you end up in pieces.

inter108 said:
You are fucking stupid. Who's pestering who?

Cause everyone in Indonesia is a terrorist i forgot.

many Australians will still go there even though there are warnings.
And many Australians died in the Bali Bombings. And no, not everyone in Indonesia is a terrorist. Some are terrorists, some of barbaric tribesmen, some are mentally retarded Presidents and some drives taxis. LUV BALI!

laurennn91

HSC
i can't be bothered to argue anymore because you're a wanker, but just do me a favour and PLEASE STOP FUCKING GENERALISING

Smeegen999

HSC
Why the fuck would anyone still go to Bali? Let me guess, so you can buy shitloads of cheap crap and pirated dvds so that you feel like you're rich?? How many bombings have to occur before people realise that Indonesia is not a safe place. You people seriously have to be fucking stupid.

laurennn91

HSC
Smeegen999 said:
Why the fuck would anyone still go to Bali? Let me guess, so you can buy shitloads of cheap crap and pirated dvds so that you feel like you're rich?? How many bombings have to occur before people realise that Indonesia is not a safe place. You people seriously have to be fucking stupid.
oh shit, they bombed new york. no one go to america its not a safe place

oh shit, they bombed london. no one go there its not a safe place

we live in an age of terrorism, get over it or never leave your house for the rest of your life.

inter108

HSC
Smeegen999 said:
Lawl Bali is one of the most popular destinations for Australians. Always will be and still is.

Besides the bombers are dead.

If your going to live in fear, go live your dull life locked in the confine spaces of your room.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
laurennn91 said:
oh shit, they bombed new york. no one go to america its not a safe place

oh shit, they bombed london. no one go there its not a safe place

we live in an age of terrorism, get over it or never leave your house for the rest of your life.
not just terrorism mang.

but yeah, directly after 9/11 i would have said "don't travel to america"

i also say don't travel to iraq, pakistan and whatever else.

inter108

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
And many Australians died in the Bali Bombings. And no, not everyone in Indonesia is a terrorist. Some are terrorists, some of barbaric tribesmen, some are mentally retarded Presidents and some drives taxis. LUV BALI!
These things happen? Does it mean the place is unsafe forever?

I don't think so. It's been awhile since the bombings, let people travel there if they desire. If its the risk they are willing to take so be it. To me there is no risk.

I went there everything was fine. Balinese people are really modest and kind people. Couple of idiots should not destroy the image of Bali.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)