• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ban on Gay Marriage (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
townie said:
any1 who thinks they "choose" their sexuality is an idiot.

lets look at this scenario and see how viable we think it is:

"hmmm, i'm waking up today, lets make a deciscion. i think i'm going to be a second class citizen. i think i'll choose not to be accepted into major religions, i think i'll suffer the possibility of being attacked in the stree. i think i'll choose to do something that will make people call me a deviant, peadophile and tell me i'm going to hell. i think i'll choose a lifestyle where i wont be able to marry the one i love or have the joy of children. and i think i'll choose a lifestyle that could get me descriminated against in the workplace"

nobody would CHOOSE that, i'm gay because i was born that way, it's a part of who i am, i'm allowed to be proud of who i am, everybody flaunts something about their lifestyle. even jesus did, he flaunted the fact he could do miracles, nobody bitched about him doing that. maybe the reason some gays are so vocal in their pride is because of the shit way we get treated by a large minority of people.
1. You're not a second class citizen, not even to me who thinks being gay is screwed up. If you are a good person then people will treat you as a good person, regardless of sexual preference.

2. I think it's fair enough that you aren't accepted into the major religions. It's not your religion, you don't make the rules. Who needs religions anyway.

3. I don't see why you would be attacked in the street. Unless you were clearly flaunting the fact that you are gay no one would even notice. And if you do get attacked in the street thats not your problem it's the idiots who attacked you who need help.

4. I don't think you're a deviant. And I don't get why you would be called a peadophile. Anyone who thinks that has no idea. Just ignore them.

5. So what if you are going to hell. I am too. If someone told me I was going to hell I'd say "yeah thats right I am, so what?"

6. Being able to marry the person you love is not an issue. It's just a title.

7. The children thing though you are right, I don't think children should be raised by 2 parents of the same sex. They need a balance and they don't get it that way.

8. They have anti discrimination laws now for a reason. And yeah sure you might be discriminated against anyway. But if you are a good employee then it doesn't matter.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
1. You're not a second class citizen, not even to me who thinks being gay is screwed up. If you are a good person then people will treat you as a good person, regardless of sexual preference.

2. I think it's fair enough that you aren't accepted into the major religions. It's not your religion, you don't make the rules. Who needs religions anyway.

3. I don't see why you would be attacked in the street. Unless you were clearly flaunting the fact that you are gay no one would even notice. And if you do get attacked in the street thats not your problem it's the idiots who attacked you who need help.

4. I don't think you're a deviant. And I don't get why you would be called a peadophile. Anyone who thinks that has no idea. Just ignore them.

5. So what if you are going to hell. I am too. If someone told me I was going to hell I'd say "yeah thats right I am, so what?"

7. The children thing though you are right, I don't think children should be raised by 2 parents of the same sex. They need a balance and they don't get it that way.

8. They have anti discrimination laws now for a reason. And yeah sure you might be discriminated against anyway. But if you are a good employee then it doesn't matter.
1. Ummm even if he's a good person, they're not treating him in the same way as they would an equally good straight person....
2. You need a reality check.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
1. Ummm even if he's a good person, they're not treating him in the same way as they would an equally good straight person....
2. You need a reality check.
1. Then thats their problem, not his.
2. You are entitled to your opinion.

Jonathan A

HSC
Xayma said:
So you are for taking a child away from single parents and putting them in the hands of a couple in a relationship where possible?

No, I said where possible in terms of not taking them away from single parent families.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
Excluding the legal rights that come with marriage, yes.

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
Gay people, um get alot of chicks!!!
U shud have a gay friend, and they can get the chicks to u!! ^_^

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
The fact is that homosexuality is not a choice, and some doctors/scientists actually believe that there might be some sort of genetic basis to it (kinda like how an addictive personality has a genetic basis). In the end, people are attracted to who they're attracted to, gay people aren't just gay because thye want to be.
Townie's suggestion works perfectly. But of course it'll never be be into practice because the government and the Australian people are too conservative to condone homosexuality.

In regards to gay people being allowed to have children, I think there needs to be more research done into the development of children from same-sex homes. Personally, I could understand there being a problem because of a lack of a male or female presence/influence, but exactly the same could be said for single parents. I honestly don't believe that having gay parents would make a child gay. There is the problem with bullying etc. for the child though.
To the people who think single parents are fine but gay parents aren't - what about a single parent who was gay? Would that be a problem?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Monkey Butler said:
In regards to gay people being allowed to have children, I think there needs to be more research done into the development of children from same-sex homes. Personally, I could understand there being a problem because of a lack of a male or female presence/influence, but exactly the same could be said for single parents. I honestly don't believe that having gay parents would make a child gay. There is the problem with bullying etc. for the child though.
To the people who think single parents are fine but gay parents aren't - what about a single parent who was gay? Would that be a problem?
The difference between single parents and same sex parents is the fact that if you have same sex parents you are being raised in an environment which is to a degree socially unacceptable. Some gay couples would be good role models for their kids, and I wouldn't have such a problem with them having kids. But I would have a problem with flamboyantly gay parents raising a child, because I think they would turn out screwed up.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12: If the child is happy shouldn't that be all that matters as opposed to whether or not you agree with how they raise them? I think alot of straight people raise their kids to be fuckups, should we stop them, even if the kids end up happy?

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
The difference between single parents and same sex parents is the fact that if you have same sex parents you are being raised in an environment which is to a degree socially unacceptable. Some gay couples would be good role models for their kids, and I wouldn't have such a problem with them having kids. But I would have a problem with flamboyantly gay parents raising a child, because I think they would turn out screwed up.
as if anyone ever turns out like their parents

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
What about flamboyantly straight single parents? I don't think the gender of the person your parents are having sex with is the issue, it just comes down to responsibility. If gay couples want a child, then they've got to understand the issues involved in raising one, exactly the same as with hetero parents. One such issue could be, depending on the parents, the exhibition of sexuality around the child. Grouping a certain number of gays as "flamboyant" and therefore unacceptable as parents is like grouping a certain number of heteros as "derros" and doing the same thing.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Monkey Butler said:
What about flamboyantly straight single parents? I don't think the gender of the person your parents are having sex with is the issue, it just comes down to responsibility. If gay couples want a child, then they've got to understand the issues involved in raising one, exactly the same as with hetero parents. One such issue could be, depending on the parents, the exhibition of sexuality around the child. Grouping a certain number of gays as "flamboyant" and therefore unacceptable as parents is like grouping a certain number of heteros as "derros" and doing the same thing.
I don't think regular couples showing some affecting infront of kids is a problem, but for gay guys to do that I'd have a problem with it, I think it gives the kids the wrong idea, makes them confused etc.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
How does it make them any more confused than seeing two heterosexual's kiss? The only time they will be confused (and would think the same of heterosexuals) is pre puberty where they still think girls/boys are icky.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I think it's important, as long as there is choice and some sort of "family" (not necessarily traditional family) structure.
Other than that, gay , straight, whatever.. it should be fine.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Xayma said:
How does it make them any more confused than seeing two heterosexual's kiss? The only time they will be confused (and would think the same of heterosexuals) is pre puberty where they still think girls/boys are icky.
If it was me, and I saw my parents who were both guys kissing that'd be weird.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
If it was me, and I saw my parents who were both guys kissing that'd be weird.
If you had been exposed to it from the beginning, you wouldn't think it was any weirder than seeing your own parents kissing in front of you now.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
steph@nie said:
If you had been exposed to it from the beginning, you wouldn't think it was any weirder than seeing your own parents kissing in front of you now.
I still think its giving the wrong idea to the kids.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I still think its giving the wrong idea to the kids.
Because two people are together and want to kiss eachother? Just because you grow up in a household with gay parents doesn't mean you're going to be gay yourself. Parents are parents, as long as they give love and support to the child - there is no issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)