• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ban on Gay Marriage (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
iamsickofyear12: what do you mean by "the wrong idea" and "getting confused"

do you mean with the norm?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
iamsickofyear12: what do you mean by "the wrong idea" and "getting confused"

do you mean with the norm?
yeah thats right. so go ahead and disagree with that now...

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
yeah thats right. so go ahead and disagree with that now...
i'm not asking for a fight, i don't tend to.

it sounds like you're expecting one, so I'll leave you for a bit.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
i'm not asking for a fight, i don't tend to.

it sounds like you're expecting one, so I'll leave you for a bit.
Thats all I am getting from everyone else, so there is no reason for me to expect anything different.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
You're not getting a fight from anyone else, you're getting people rebutting your arguments.

But really, saying things like kids would get "confused" if they saw their gay parents kissing is just asking for a fight, because you're implying that being gay is unacceptable.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Think of it this way which sexual preference would be deemed normal enough that if the whole world was living in that manner, normal life would continue to thrive without any psychological repercussions.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Monkey Butler said:
You're not getting a fight from anyone else, you're getting people rebutting your arguments.

But really, saying things like kids would get "confused" if they saw their gay parents kissing is just asking for a fight, because you're implying that being gay is unacceptable.
To a degree it is unacceptable.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
let fags do what they want to do. what does it matter to you if two gay guys are bumming eachother next door or making out in public? it's not like the price of fish will be going up. but...

keep fags out of the church because THE BIBLE SAYS SO.

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
Why is it that homosexuality is acceptable where as beastiality and incest are not?

Why should homosexuls be allowed to marry but not closly related people? Or people and animals? Why is this not accepted?

We ARE chosing wht is nd is not acceptable so why do some of us get so outraged when people say that homosexuality is not acceptable and abnormal but can still turn around and say that incest is abnormal and cannot be tolerated?

Personlly, i am not against homosexuality, incest or beastiality...

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Gays getting married just doesn't work. It's like going to maccas and asking for a pizza.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
gloria_b said:
Why is it that homosexuality is acceptable where as beastiality and incest are not?

Why should homosexuls be allowed to marry but not closly related people? Or people and animals? Why is this not accepted?

We ARE chosing wht is nd is not acceptable so why do some of us get so outraged when people say that homosexuality is not acceptable and abnormal but can still turn around and say that incest is abnormal and cannot be tolerated?
Personlly, i am not against homosexuality, incest or beastiality...
Animals can't consent to sexual activities so that is why beastiality is out. Incest if children are born there is a MUCH higher chance of genetic deformities. Early incest is what causes humans to be so vulnerable to cancer etc.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Xayma said:
Animals can't consent to sexual activities so that is why beastiality is out. Incest if children are born there is a MUCH higher chance of genetic deformities. Early incest is what causes humans to be so vulnerable to cancer etc.
So I read this really screwed up story. This guy started sucking off his dog, and after a while the dog started coming up to him and humping him and stuff try to get this guy to suck him off again. So that right there is the dog consenting, so then based on your argument it should be fine?

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
I would say it would be fine (though why one would want to engage in that is completely beyond me). Peter Singer, one of Australia's most famous philosophers, also agrees --

In a 2001 review of Midas Dekkers' Dearest Pet: On Bestiality, Singer stated that humans and animals can have "mutually satisfying" sexual relationships. Bestiality should remain illegal if it involves cruelty, but otherwise is no cause for shock or horror, writes Singer, because "we are animals, indeed more specifically, we are great apes." Thus, Singer concludes, sex between humans and non-humans, while abnormal, "ceases to be an offence to our status and dignity as human beings."

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
Xayma said:
Higher chance of deformities? So should people with genetic disorders be banned from reproducing?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
gloria_b said:
Higher chance of deformities? So should people with genetic disorders be banned from reproducing?
Yeah they should, if they is a high chance they are going to pass it on to their children. Although any person who would have kids knowing their is a high chance they will have deformities should be shot.

Jonathan A

HSC
Xayma said:

I think the author of that post was referring to the moral implications which also accompany such crimes.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Jonathan A said:
I think the author of that post was referring to the moral implications which also accompany such crimes.
But many people have moral problems with homosexuality, so whats the difference.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
gloria_b,

u cant compare homosexuality with incest and bestiality. there completley different.

by ur argument, ur not against paedophilia (as it's a different sexual practice)

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
To be honest, i am not against all that much, not even paedophilia. Why would i want to go around telling people what they can and cannot do? It's not as if people being homosexual or committing incest has anything to do with me.

I think its a fair comparrison. Really, what is the difference between homosexual activity and incest? They were, a long time ago, both not accetped. So why do we accept homosexuality now but not incest or even paedophilia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)