• Thread starter kleenextissues1
  • Start date
K

kleenextissues1

Whats the band 6 cut-off gonna be?

Im thinking maybe around 74-75

zxreth

HSC
yeah 70 sounds about right, pretty hard exam.

brettymaccc

HSC
I'm sorry if i sound arrogant, i don't mean to , but i thought it was relativley easy, like i found the conc. of acetic acid one hard....(shit, realised it said citric acid lolz)...and i found the galvanic one hard, apart from that it was pretz easy

so i'd say 76-78
It doesn't matter how you found it, it matters on how the state as a whole found it. Already, most of the comments from people on here seem to be stating its hard; last year's Chemistry HSC was determined to be 'hard' and had a band six cutoff of ~72, so I'm estimating something similar for this year.

brachester

HSC
It doesn't matter how you found it, it matters on how the state as a whole found it. Already, most of the comments from people on here seem to be stating its hard; last year's Chemistry HSC was determined to be 'hard' and had a band six cutoff of ~72, so I'm estimating something similar for this year.
Arounf 75, it's easier than last year which as far as i remember correctly was 72

umz93

HSC
How the hell was it easier. It was much more abstract than last years or any other year before. I think thats the direction BOS is heading.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
you can't really argue whether or not it was harder or easier, because everyone has a different opinion, difficulty is often very subjective.

Personally, i found it on par with previous years

Awkward_Ninja

HSC
For those who said it was easy, good for you.
For those who thought it was hard, thank you. You're making me feel a little better about myself, that i'm not the only one who thought the exam was hard.
It was much harder than my trial, which was pretty damn hard, and i only got 69% there.
Most of the questions were misleading and generally an unexpected structure to what i'd normally expect. They worded everything weirdly, which didn't help at all.
I'm hoping the band 6 cutoff is lower than previous years, because it was certainly harder than last years exam.
I'm guessing very low 70's for a cutoff.

silence--

HSC
as ive said in every other cutoff thread, imo it will be around the same.

why?
difficulty is entirely subjective. aside from something completely new and random like mod B for advanced (which fucked a lot of people up) whether someone finds a test harder/easier could really just come down to little things like whether the topics you were confident with were in the test.

i reckon when it all evens out b6 cutoff will be around the same, maybe just a little higher or lower but certainly not a huge jump. just my 0.02

weber

HSC
It should've felt much easier. There were no 7 markers for core. Very little high mark questions overall but more questions this year. Only problem should've been time constraints if you're slow. Guessing 74.

Awkward_Ninja

HSC
If last years cutoff was ~72, and that was hard, then this might almost break 60s for cutoffs, because it WAS hard, and i don't care what the rest of you 'it-was-easy'-ers say. Most of my class found it hard, even the high ranked ones found it difficult in parts, and we (we being my chem class) all know that if 1st-5th found it hard, then everyone else wasn't any better off.
70 or less is my guess.

BadMeetsEvil

HSC
N/A
I don't know. It was hard but doable. However it was certainly harder than last year due to the ambiguous and wired questions. I'll probably say around 70. If that is the case then I'll be cheering!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)