Band cut offs? (1 Viewer)

Monsterman

HSC
your school marks get aligned to how your grade did as a whole
Is this the thing that i heard where my rank mark is averaged with my actual hsc exam mark to get the hsc result meaning the overall?

danal353

HSC
Is this the thing that i heard where my rank mark is averaged with my actual hsc exam mark to get the hsc result meaning the overall?
yep - depending on how your grade did, your internal mark will be adjusted e.g. from 75 to 90.

Your rank isn't actually the most important thing. It's better to come 10th in a subject and only be 7 marks away from the person who came first than to come 5th and be 12 marks away - this is because the relative gaps are kept while the board aligns your marks

then your external mark is averaged with your internal and you get your final HSC mark

Monsterman

HSC
yep - depending on how your grade did, your internal mark will be adjusted e.g. from 75 to 90.

Your rank isn't actually the most important thing. It's better to come 10th in a subject and only be 7 marks away from the person who came first than to come 5th and be 12 marks away - this is because the relative gaps are kept while the board aligns your marks

then your external mark is averaged with your internal and you get your final HSC mark
UGH THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CLEARING THAT UP... it was so confusing.. i havent had anyone actually explain it to me before.. so yea.. thank you

edit: but ranks do help like.. a friend of mine from nsb is going to get a higher mark for 3unit maths because he's ranked within top 5 or something but he doesnt expect to get +80/84 so in that case ranks are awesome LOL

Last edited:

danal353

HSC
UGH THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CLEARING THAT UP... it was so confusing.. i havent had anyone actually explain it to me before.. so yea.. thank you

edit: but ranks do help like.. a friend of mine from nsb is going to get a higher mark for 3unit maths because he's ranked within top 5 or something but he doesnt expect to get +80/84 so in that case ranks are awesome LOL
you're welcome :)

I've also heard that if your marks are very close, you get the same mark as the person above you... this was from a friend though, not my deputy who tells us all this stuff so i'm not sure it's right...

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
you're welcome :)

I've also heard that if your marks are very close, you get the same mark as the person above you... this was from a friend though, not my deputy who tells us all this stuff so i'm not sure it's right...
Yeah, your friend is right. I know it's true from 1st hand experience doing 2U last year - 4 people including myself got the same internal mark because the difference between us was super small :)

imoO

HSC
But what were the differences in your external marks?

I think they must've taken that into consideration when they gave you all the same internal mark...

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Pretty much at Ruse and SBHS in 4U and 3U Maths, 1st-3rd get 99-100 internal. But from 4th-20th, everyone gets 98 for internal. Everyone's all bunched up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)