bandwidth capping (1 Viewer)

0ver97

hello.

i use optus internet and was on their usage page yesterday when i refreshed and all of a sudden, it said I had downloaded 2 megs in 10 minutes, and did no such thing.

i then proceeded to download a bandwidth monitor and it says im downloading at a constant 4kbs or so per second that is.

i was hoping i could find a program that would tell me just WHERE this shit was coming down from, can n e 1 help me?

if not, is there a program out there that caps my download limit? like i dont allow n e thing coming into my computer faster than 1kbs or something.

thanks alot

-X-

HSC
N/A
In msdos try "netstat -a" to see all connections to your computer. Also, you could have some sort of virus or trojan, so try scanning your comptuer for those things.

0ver97

which programs do u recommend for finding these trojans/viruses my good man?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Capping your internet is best done using a linux box as your host and configuring it from there.

On the other hand there is a windows program called "Shunra Nimbus". It caps your download to watchwver speed you want. Google it :p

ae

HSC
ZoneAlarm shows what program is active
ie. network traffic

fatmuscle

HSC
netlimiter

it works when it wants to work.

it's how you get around some file-sharing programs.
like eMule, how you can only have a high download speed if you have a high upload speed. well, just cap it, hehe.

-X-

HSC
N/A
lol cool im gonna give that a go! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)