• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Banning swords (2 Viewers)

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Whether or not swords are dangerous is not the issue here.

The debate is on whether the individual should be allowed to posses weaponry with the capability, albeit symbolic capability, to injure another.

First went guns, then fireworks, knives, scalpels...I think it's good that they're finally rounding up swords.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
So it's not just a ban on carrying swords around in public, but owning them as apart of a private collection as well?

tattoodguy

its pathetic how moronic people are.

you allll act like 2 year olds - trying to ban anything that could be dangerous.

The government treats us like fucking kids - telling us what we can and cant do.

the laws and restrictions are opppressive and illogical.

Large kitchen nives and fucking baseballs bats etc are just as dangous and have been used alot more frequenty to injure people than swords.

Its fucking dumb - ur manipulated by your government.

Stop being so fucking scared - ur shittting away our freedom for no reason.

we can not even have toy guns.

Its fucking dumb, you can own a pistol or a rifle with a licence, but u cant own a fucking toy gun?

we should have a right to own toy guns. like harmless ones that shooot little projectiles etc.

Our government makes illogical fucking laws and you morons support them.

If you dont want a fuckign sword, dont fucking buy one - but dont allow the government to stop everyone from having one because you dont want one.

You should be able to persue ur own shitty hobbbies in the confines of ur own home.

tattoodguy

besides, u should have a fuckign right to have a sword in ur own home, if someone breaks in with a nife u should have a right to cut them up.

Why should law abiding citizens be totally defencelesss against all the scum bag immigrants in this country?

X

xeuyrawp

king_of_boredom said:
uh...what would you want a sword for anyway? if you're into collecting and displaying swords in your home, then fair enough, but to have them as weapons is out of this world.
I practice a martial art, Iaido, and frequently use my sword both at home training and at my dojo.

The several sets of swords I own, a shinken set (blunt) and a tameshigiri set (sharp) are both extremely potent weapons. Although it would take an extremely unusual set of circumstances to make me draw them with the intent to harm, I would say that the majority of martial art practitioners that I meet are teh first people that you would want living on your street.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)