• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

bar at c/town (1 Viewer)

Skater_bum

HSC
hey whats the go with the bar at UWS campbelltown i haven't seen anyone drink although there are bottles on display, we should lobby for the bars expansion ...

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Skater_bum said:
hey whats the go with the bar at UWS campbelltown i haven't seen anyone drink although there are bottles on display, we should lobby for the bars expansion ...
Why lobby for expansion when the bar's dead quiet as it is. The uni's poor enough as it is. Or do you mean that it's closed because a few of them are at the moment and are under review for licencing issues.

G

Gavvvvvin

Wooz said:
The uni's poor enough as it is.
Kinda makes me wonder what the point of installing about 20 gigantic state of the art flat screen TVs at Penrith was. The things have never been turned on either.

Skater_bum

HSC
the bars already established , the bar could produce a considerable amount of income for the uni ... whats happened to the guys and there license? was there a active bar pre2008 ?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
The c/town bar is new i think. The bar's don't make much income compared the uwsconnect food outlets.

Skater_bum

HSC
Wooz said:
The c/town bar is new i think. The bar's don't make much income compared the uwsconnect food outlets.
well i asked and she said its open , but its like a bar fridge with 4 cans of beer in it... i would feel odd if i was the only one drinking

well i got a few people to come next week to have a few drinks after a anatomy practical on wednesday , hopefully it will gain exposer for the bar .... anyone else wanna come?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Skater_bum said:
well i asked and she said its open , but its like a bar fridge with 4 cans of beer in it... i would feel odd if i was the only one drinking

well i got a few people to come next week to have a few drinks after a anatomy practical on wednesday , hopefully it will gain exposer for the bar .... anyone else wanna come?
The bar at Hawkesbury is closed after an o-week fight. Im startin me own bar night on tuesdays at a local pub.

Also most of the connect bars loose money, it's just open to benefit students and they can't be bothered about doing much with them.

Skater_bum

HSC
considering uws is in the west , and most alchoholics live in the western sydney area it would generate quiet a income.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Skater_bum said:
considering uws is in the west , and most alchoholics live in the western sydney area it would generate quiet a income.
The thing is basically only reso's go to the uni bar, and hence they don't make much money since they usually get pissed in their dorms or go out, etc.

Also they put on far too many staff because of uni policy, had 9 security guards at Hawkesbury the other week for a small function and theres always about 6-7 staff on when the bar's open and yeah their's usually more staff than students in.

KaneOosty

VIP Member
HSC
There's always Club Hotel at Leumeah, lol... just bring your fighting gloves. :D

feytell

HSC
KaneOosty said:
There's always Club Hotel at Leumeah, lol... just bring your fighting gloves. :D
Oh the good old club hotel where a fight happens everynight, be it cuz u didnt shake a guys hand or your using a pool table that sum guy used an hour ago.

i reckon though that there should be beer on tap, i personally enjoy a scooner more then a bottle. plus the bar as it is, is easy to overlook.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Wooz said:
The bar at Hawkesbury is closed after an o-week fight. Im startin me own bar night on tuesdays at a local pub.

Also most of the connect bars loose money, it's just open to benefit students and they can't be bothered about doing much with them.
when i went to tafe in richmond, we had bar night on fridays at the richmond inn, good times :). sad that the bad eggs have spoiled it for the others at uws hawkesbury, it's a nice place to catch up.

what's the go with the kingswood bar? it says it's being "renovated." are they one of the ones having issues with licences?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
ambermorn said:
when i went to tafe in richmond, we had bar night on fridays at the richmond inn, good times :). sad that the bad eggs have spoiled it for the others at uws hawkesbury, it's a nice place to catch up.

what's the go with the kingswood bar? it says it's being "renovated." are they one of the ones having issues with licences?
No, their are no licencing issues with the bars, I've spoken to the licence. Some of them got recarpeted, etc. Richmond inn yuk, go to the club or rg's(well the inn does have cheap steaks!).

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
yeah we did do both the club and rg's on a regular basis, but they're so noisy when you want a nice quiet chat in the beer garden on a friday afternoon. plus my ex and his friends frequent rg's, i haven't been there since in case i see them and get sad n' stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)