Barack Obama - 44th President of the USA (1 Viewer)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Jewish vote: Obama 77-22

The first exit poll on the Jewish vote is out, and it has Barack Obama bettering John Kerry's Jewish vote total from four years ago.

The preliminary poll, which could be updated tomorrow, has Obama receiving 77 percent of the Jewish vote, to just 22 percent for John McCain. (An earlier version of the poll had Obama winning by a 78-21 margin.) Kerry garnered 74 percent of the Jewish vote in 2004, and Al Gore won 79 percent of the Jewish vote (with a Jewish running mate) eight years ago. The Jewish vote was 2 percent of the poll sample.

http://blogs.jta.org/elections/article/2008/11/04/1000772/jewish-vote
If anyone is wondering how the Jews voted.

lala2

Banned
HSC
OBAMA!!!!!!!! Well, I still would've liked Clinton to be in his place, but I'm just glad it's not McCain. Thinking about it, I don't really think I had anything against McCain, just more the crowd he was hanging out with, especially Palin. I'm hopeful that he'll do well though, and I do have to admit there probably was too much baggage with Clinton's husband.

I'm just worried though that if he does fix up this fiasco in 4 or 8 years' time, will people forget and vote Republican again? Then it'll be another Democrat who has to clean up after them. There seems to be a disturbing trend of Democrat cleaning up after Repulican e.g. Clinton after Bush snr, Obama after Bush jnr, Roosevelt after Hoover. I'm also hopeful of a mixed administration, a more bipartisan role. Now all Bush has to do is lie low until Jan 20th.

HSC
BigPole said:
A MONKEY?!?! fuck, why don't you think before speaking because you may offend people on this forum. I hate members like you, try to act tough on the internet but get you in the real world you'll get bashed for saying things of that nature.
You're a fag. I hope you get cancer.

HSC
gg election built on celebrity hype
gg open racism by blacks
gg reverse racism by whites
gg 7 news having 10 minute report on significance of black guy being president

With the Bulldogs next year; that is, the Yale Bul
HSC
alexdore993 said:
Well, the race is over. What are your predictions, hopes about the four years which lie ahead?
Much spiritual healing, anal/rectal repair, and lovin'.
What does this Obama victory mean for the wider global community and for America?
That ... there'll be less world-policing, hopefully?
What tests will Obama have as President and what chance is there that Republicans will win the 2012 elections?
Nawt fuck up the economy and American society?
And anything else you wish to add.
Titties.
It's been a long two year race. It's finally over, I feel sorry for McCain. Let's hope that Obama lives up to expectations.
Yes.
Yum!

Jamesv2

HSC
I happen to be doing a google search and stumbled onto a thread in this forum, anyhow I just wanted to express my surprise how much the US presidential elections have become so important to the youth of Australia.

Being a 6th generation American living in California, all I can say is that I have never seen the amount of excitment these past few days have experieneced. I voted for Barack on Tuesday and accross the street from the polling station, there was a huge crowd of young Obama supports hollering on the curb, people honking horns and showing support. The moment Obama was pronounced Pres, it was something unforgettable, me and two friends went driving down Hollywood Blvd here in west LA and it was insane. People were shouting and extremely excited. This has just as much as we have been wanting change from the current administration as much as Barack is a charismatic, young and most importantly he is a minority - in this case African American. Someone mentioned that he is half black but that is a mute point, the fact is most African Americans are not full black to begin with, there has been generations of admixture in this nation and we will be getting our first First Lady who is a direct decendant of slaves, these developments are historic and set huge precedent for our people as a whole and toward reconciliation of our great nation. But given our civil war, discrimination and subsequent civil rights movement in the 60's, it was a spectacular turn of evens on Nov 4th. People were very emotional, here on US television for example, several news casters had noticeable tears in their eyes the moment they announced the victory. Katie Couric on NBC and John Gibson on ABC are to name a few.

Anyhow, this means a great deal to America. And on Nov 4th, we truley were the the greatest nation on earth. I'm glad our selection of president is being seen as a step foward in breaking the racial barrier in this nation for good while making an impact in other places for example in your nation.

I'm pleaseantly surprised you guys' are so interested in our historic election.

Last edited:

55HS

HSC
Jamesv2 said:
I happen to be doing a google search and stumbled onto a thread in this forum, anyhow I just wanted to express my surprise how much the US presidential elections have become so important to the youth of Australia.

Being a 6th generation American living in California, all I can say is that I have never seen the amount of excitment these past few days have experieneced. I voted for Barack on Tuesday and accross the street from the polling station, there was a huge crowd of young Obama supports hollering on the curb, people honking horns and showing support. The moment Obama was pronounced Pres, it was something unforgettable, me and two friends went driving down Hollywood Blvd here in west LA and it was insane. People were shouting and extremely excited. This has just as much as we have been wanting change from the current administration as much as Barack is a charismatic, young and most importantly he is a minority - in this case African American. Someone mentioned that he is half black but that is a mute point, the fact is most African Americans are not full black to begin with, there has been generations of admixture in this nation and we will be getting our first First Lady who is a direct decendant of slaves, these developments are historic and set huge precedent for our people as a whole and toward reconciliation of our great nation. But given our civil war, discrimination and subsequent civil rights movement in the 60's, it was a spectacular turn of evens on Nov 4th. People were very emotional, here on US television for example, several news casters had noticeable tears in their eyes the moment they announced the victory. Katie Courin on NBC and John Gibson on ABC are to name a few.

Anyhow, this means a great deal to America. And on Nov 4th, we truley were the the greatest nation on earth. I'm glad our selection of president is being seen as a step foward in breaking the racial barrier in this nation for good while making an impact in other places for example in your nation.

Anyhow, I'm pleaseantly surprised you guys' are so interested in our historic election.
Fuck off we hate your nigger president.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
lol on facebook, my friend has an american friend from texas and she's like
'FUCK OFF AUSTRALIA I DONT KNOW WHY YOU'RE SO INTERESTED IN THIS ELECTION, george bush ra ra ra'

idk, mainly because when your dickhead presidents go to war, our dickhead prime ministers follow.
when your economy is in the toilet, i cant buy cheap stuff off amazon

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
U shud join the Impeach Obama group

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
Jamesv2 said:

Being a 6th generation American living in California, all I can say is that I have never seen the amount of excitment these past few days have experieneced. I voted for Barack on Tuesday and accross the street from the polling station, there was a huge crowd of young Obama supports hollering on the curb, people honking horns and showing support. The moment Obama was pronounced Pres, it was something unforgettable, me and two friends went driving down Hollywood Blvd here in west LA and it was insane. People were shouting and extremely excited. This has just as much as we have been wanting change from the current administration as much as Barack is a charismatic, young and most importantly he is a minority - in this case African American. Someone mentioned that he is half black but that is a mute point, the fact is most African Americans are not full black to begin with, there has been generations of admixture in this nation and we will be getting our first First Lady who is a direct decendant of slaves, these developments are historic and set huge precedent for our people as a whole and toward reconciliation of our great nation. But given our civil war, discrimination and subsequent civil rights movement in the 60's, it was a spectacular turn of evens on Nov 4th. People were very emotional, here on US television for example, several news casters had noticeable tears in their eyes the moment they announced the victory. Katie Couric on NBC and John Gibson on ABC are to name a few.

yeah i <3 the obama celebration vids all over youtube

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=qbEA5ue2Be4

Lucky you, I suppose you and millions of other Americans will never forget Tuesday night

Last edited:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Jamesv2 said:

My question is why it surprised you that there were so many Obama supporters where you live. You said you were in California. That's like living in Texas and being surprised to see a redneck.

daddy-cool

HSC
the kkk's 'purple wizard' has said that 800 white supremacy groups are after obama,

its only a matter of time,

obama is already investing time and money into creating bomb proof and bulletproof limos,

time will tell.:pain:

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
katie tully said:
lol on facebook, my friend has an american friend from texas and she's like
'FUCK OFF AUSTRALIA I DONT KNOW WHY YOU'RE SO INTERESTED IN THIS ELECTION, george bush ra ra ra'

idk, mainly because when your dickhead presidents go to war, our dickhead prime ministers follow.
when your economy is in the toilet, i cant buy cheap stuff off amazon
your texan friend sounds like a repressed democrat.

or something.

i do hope obama does good stuff, i really want my cheap amazon stuff back asap too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)