Barack Obama - 44th President of the USA (2 Viewers)

spiny norman

HSC
Iron said:
Jefferson lives! /dead
/Jefferson dies
Doesn't Jefferson die before Adams? That's what happened in history (and the David McCullough book on which the mini-series is based) at least.

I think Adams' lack of fame is more comparative to the Presidents who bookend him. Everyone knows Washington and Jefferson, but not to the same extent Adams - the Buzz Aldrin of US political history.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Trefoil said:
Before he leaves office, Bush is planning to push through new rules that would strip away enironmental and pollution relugations to make it 'easier' for corporations to do business and build shit:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wi...ections-on-endangered-animals-and-plants.html

What a cunt.
What a tumor to the American people. He will do anything to further destroy his country before he leaves the office.

I hope Obama can quickly change those laws back when he is inaugurated.

impervious182

HSC
SashatheMan said:
What a tumor to the American people. He will do anything to further destroy his country before he leaves the office.

I hope Obama can quickly change those laws back when he is inaugurated.
Yeah... You're right. George Bush is just evil and he's actually a Soviet spy infiltrating the United States to destroy it. A conspiracy! (Someone should tell him the Soviet Union was already destroyed and that the Cold War is over.)

Don't worry though; Obama has already proven that he is going to be the best ever President through his two years in Congress when he made no new piece of legislation.

No! I'm not being sarcastic.

impervious182

HSC
f e a r l e s s said:
:) I cried when he won and said his speech...

Barack Obama introduced CHANGE that the world really does NEED.

He'll do well as president, i have faith in him !

:headbang:
It's nice to finally read a rational response from a typical Obama supporter.

Why is it again that your 'faith' in Obama is so strong that it pushed you to tears when he won? At this stage, this type of blind 'faith' is actually quite ridiculous.

He hasn't proven himself yet and until he does we should be neither overly optimistic or pessimistic; otherwise our judgement will be marred when and if he finally does act.

For goodness sake, the man isn't even President yet. He hasn't done anything to date except speak that would suggest he can effectively implement change; so sure, I say give him a chance, but please don't preach this emotional garbage.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
alexdore993 said:
Yeah... You're right. George Bush is just evil and he's actually a Soviet spy infiltrating the United States to destroy it. A conspiracy! (Someone should tell him the Soviet Union was already destroyed and that the Cold War is over.)

Don't worry though; Obama has already proven that he is going to be the best ever President through his two years in Congress when he made no new piece of legislation.

No! I'm not being sarcastic.
lol.

It's funny to see super-right-wingers still trying to discredit Obama even after he's won.

Give it a rest, mate. If he truly is going to cause the world to end as you claim, then there's not much you can do about it now. Quit the doomsday predictions and give him a chance to pleasantly surprise you.

impervious182

HSC
Trefoil said:
lol.

It's funny to see super-right-wingers still trying to discredit Obama even after he's won.

Give it a rest, mate. If he truly is going to cause the world to end as you claim, then there's not much you can do about it now. Quit the doomsday predictions and give him a chance to pleasantly surprise you.
Trefoil, Trefoil, Trefoil. I see that you still have a talent for taking things out of context and putting words in people's mouths.

Firstly, I'm not a 'super-right winger'. I try not to identify with either side, though admittedly I do have more in common with the right than the left. (Doing so is ridiculous - one's views shouldn't be dictated by the 'side' of politics they are on'.

Hmm... and last time I checked I didn't present any doomsday predictions about Obama (not like your climate change ones, nor your Bush ones) . It seems that you can't take any criticism of Obama, which is probably an indication of what is to come from the Left (and what always has come from the Left, namely oppresion of opposition).

Read John_Oliver's post Trefoil, there's much for you to learn.

Last edited:

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
alexdore993 said:
Trefoil, Trefoil, Trefoil. I see that you still have a talent for taking things out of context and putting words in people's mouths.

Firstly, I'm not a 'super-right winger'. I try not to identify with either side, though admittedly I do have more in common with the right than the left. (Doing so is ridiculous - one's views shouldn't be dictated by the 'side' of politics they are on'.

Hmm... and last time I checked I didn't present any doomsday predictions about Obama (not like your climate change ones, nor your Bush ones) . It seems that you can't take any criticism of Obama, which is probably an indication of what is to come from the Left (and what always has come from the Left, namely oppresion of opposition).

Read John_Oliver's post Trefoil, there's much for you to learn.
Ah, piss off you silly minger.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Youve changed since Thailand man. You used to be different. What did they do to you? Did you sing to your captors?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Never get out of the plane. Absolutely goddamn right. Unless you were going all the way. Shroe got off the plane. He split from the whole fucking program. How did that happen? What did he see on that neo-colonial holiday? 20 fucking years old. The more I read and began to understand, the more I admired him. His family and friends couldn't understand it, and they couldn't talk him out of it. He had to apply three times and he had to put up with a ton of shit, but when he threatened to resign, they gave it to him. The next youngest guy on his plane was half his age. They must have thought he was some far-out old man humping it over that course. I did it when I was 19 and it damn near wasted me. A tough motherfucker. He finished. He could have gone for General, but he went for himself instead.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
"Early in the Democratic presidential primary race, Barack Obama was asked by a debate moderator in Iowa how he offered a break from the past when he had so many advisers from Bill Clinton's administration on his team.

"His rival Hillary Clinton started guffawing. Standing at the opposite end to Obama in a semicircle of presidential contenders, including now vice-president-elect Joe Biden, Clinton was then the runaway favourite for the White House.

"'I want to hear that!' Clinton said.

"Obama, adjusting his papers at the lectern and checking himself, pointed at Clinton and said: 'Well, Hillary, I'm looking forward to you advising me as well'."

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Barry H. Obama, Jr.'s insistence on a nationwide public works program to save the economy disgusts and scares me. Seems so incredibly naive; it's what a bunch of yr11 economics students would reply with when asked how to create jobs.

LuCkY He'S NOT my PReSiDeNT

Barry said:
“We will launch a massive effort to make public buildings more energy-efficient. Our government now pays the highest energy bill in the world. We need to change that. We need to upgrade our federal buildings by replacing old heating systems and installing efficient light bulbs. That won’t just save you, the American taxpayer, billions of dollars each year. It will put people back to work.
RETARDED AHHAHA

AHhaAHAH AH AAHAHAH BARRYS FUkccced

Last edited:

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
A High Way Man said:
Barry H. Obama, Jr.'s insistence on a nationwide public works program to save the economy disgusts and scares me. Seems so incredibly naive; it's what a bunch of yr11 economics students would reply with when asked how to create jobs.
As opposed to the free market worship so common in university economics classes which caused this collapse in the first place?

But yeah, the Republicans say the same things as you about FDR. They hate him. They think he prolonged the depression because the market would have corrected itself. Tellingly though, most Americans actually revere him and acknowledge his public works programmes kept millions of people out of poverty and stopped the economy from collapsing completely, even if many of his policies were 50 years too progressive for America at the time.

It's easy to cast hollow criticism when you don't have to actually come up with solutions, isn't it?

Oh and kudos with that quote on cherry picking a part of his infrastructure plan that is suitably easy for you to misrepresent, btw.

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
Shit trefoil, take a break from the KOOL-AID

Do you think something that worked in the 1930s in guaranteed to work now?

It's not even the same type of economy anymore...

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Captin gay said:
Shit trefoil, take a break from the KOOL-AID

Do you think something that worked in the 1930s in guaranteed to work now?

It's not even the same type of economy anymore...
You're right; it's more likely to work now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)