bash an aussie police officer and walk free. (1 Viewer)

4lettersdown

HSC
Saw this story on ten news last night, I spat on the TV with disgust! The Australian legal system is a fucken joke.

Bring in the American legal system, bring back Capital Punishment!
I'd actually say that this article is a fucken joke. I'd hardly imagine that a jury would acquit this without a reason, however tenous, and this makes no attempt to even explain what that reason was. slanted reporting FTW

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Without the specific facts is hard to pass comment. However, on what was presented in the footage, the officer was completely justified in utilising the TASER (i.e. violent resistance or confrontation occurring).

Most of the time I find that those who generalise in relation to the police (corruption, brutality etc) usually attack those who generalise in relation to cultures, minorities etc, and generally know noone within the organisation. I'm also assuming that these persons who so vehemently despise the police and their overtly authoritarian role, particularly the extreme libertarians, will look elsewhere for assistance when they encounter a situation that usually requires the need for police attendance/action.

Last edited:

4lettersdown

HSC
Without the specific facts is hard to pass comment. However, on what was presented in the footage, the officer was completely justified in utilising the TASER (i.e. violent resistance or confrontation occurring).

Most of the time I find that those who generalise in relation to the police (corruption, brutality etc) usually attack those who generalise in relation to cultures, minorities etc, and generally know noone within the organisation. I'm also assuming that these persons who so vehemently despise the police and their overtly authoritarian role, particularly the extreme libertarians, will look elsewhere for assistance when they encounter a situation that usually requires the need for police attendance/action.
tru dat. most of the kids who bitch about cops just listen to too much RATM or rap or whatever and want to feel like a marginalised hreo to society that fights fascism or some shit. the whole "cops are pigs" thing is so nineties

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
On the upside this establiashes a precident for self-defence cases against police in the future. A taser in any situation that the does not involve the person being tazered holding a weapeon is excessive force.

MarchOfTheDead

HSC
i hope one day YOU are getting the crap beaten out of you, and the cops decide it isnt worth their time. yes there are some bad cops. but the majority are doing a public service you dont have the balls to.

HSC
since when is self defence an actual defence when cops are trying to arrest you
resisting arrest doesnt count until after you have been arrested..

so you are actually allowed to run away etc from the police if they are trying to catch you..and i suppose using self defence against the actions of police if it can be proved that the police were using excessive force is a viable option..

BUT

im not saying that the men should not have been acquitted..because yeah im kinda surprised as well..

just saying..that you can do whatever you want before arrest..just running away gives the jury a reason to believe that you were guilty..but saying he used self defence kinda means he is implying he is innocent..

maybe the DPP should prosecute for the McLeods of using excessive force when they were in self defence..i dont know..

*looks above* sorta contradictory but if you can understand what i mean..well then hope that clears a little up..

Last edited:

4lettersdown

HSC
the real issue is that the article is too one sided to make an actual judgement. it fails to even show the line of defence that the accquitted people took, so we can't see whether they had any valid points or if they just took advantage of loophols or lack of evidence etc.
note i am NOT defending mindless cop bashing, but you guys who keep saying "who are you gonna look to" etc have to accept the fact that our country isnt that bad; most of us are never gonna get mugged or raped or whatever and we should avoid walking blindly into a police state were reports of excessive police force are met with disbeleif. people, there just aint enough info!

banco55

HSC
Be interesting to know what happened with the jury deliberations. If you have a couple of strong willed jurors with a fixed point of view you can get weird results sometimes.

banco55

HSC
It's not like everyone is crying wolf about police corruption. The wood royal commission (and associated investigations) proved that the "few bad apples" theory was bullshit in relation to the NSW Police in the '70's and '80's and that NSW Police were institutionally corrupt. The same could be said about the Queensland police in the '80's. They used the "few bad apples" defence as well until it was no longer tenable.

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
The australia legal system is just too soft. No one should think other wise. rapists and murders are getting off with 3-5 years in the so called "modern" era. I am in no way pushing forward a Saudi Arabia like laws in this country but there needs to be a balance where justice is served.

Gloves

HSC
The australia legal system is just too soft. No one should think other wise. rapists and murders are getting off with 3-5 years in the so called "modern" era. I am in no way pushing forward a Saudi Arabia like laws in this country but there needs to be a balance where justice is served.
Our legal system is effective. Why should it be changed?

We've got some of the lowest crime figures in the world and our country is relatively safe.

As kwar said yesterday: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
Our legal system is effective. Why should it be changed?

We've got some of the lowest crime figures in the world and our country is relatively safe.

As kwar said yesterday: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
kill someone = 5 years jail. yeah mate, it aint broken.

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
I hate to be the one to say this but not all situations are black and white.
Of course it’s not always black and white. But there are numerous accounts where judges haven’t lived up to community expectations. And for those who have been on these forums long enough, we have all discussed and been appalled by these sentencing. If as the article claims, this is just another pathetic farce.

I remember a few years back some judge gave 55 years to a rapist. That judge should be given a Victorian cross. These days you could get away with 1-3 years. There is something fundamentally wrong somewhere.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Gloves

HSC
Of course it’s not always black and white. But there are numerous accounts where judges haven’t lived up to community expectations. And for those who have been on these forums long enough, we have all discussed and been appalled by these sentencing. If as the article claims, this is just another pathetic farce.

I remember a few years back some judge gave 55 years to a rapist. That judge should be given a Victorian cross. These days you could get away with 1-3 years. There is something fundamentally wrong somewhere.
You fucking idiot. Judges aren't supposed to live up to "community expectations". They're supposed to hand out impartial decisions which fit a crime. In the case that you mentioned, the community would've liked nothing more than to hang Skaf.

Bilal Skaf didn't deserve half what he got. And thankfully, the legal system has recognised this.

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
You fucking idiot. Judges aren't supposed to live up to "community expectations". They're supposed to hand out impartial decisions which fit a crime. In the case that you mentioned, the community would've liked nothing more than to hang Skaf.

Bilal Skaf didn't deserve half what he got. And thankfully, the legal system has recognised this.
me the fucking idiot? your the one with down syndrome who sees nothing wrong with our current legal system. Fuckers like you are always comparing our legal system to some ancient shit whole on the other side of the globe, as if they are the bench mark to a civil society.

fucking idiot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)