bash an aussie police officer and walk free. (1 Viewer)

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
Family 'disgusted' as police attackers acquitted

The family of a police officer left partially paralysed after a violent fight is "disgusted" after his attackers were acquitted of assault by a Perth jury.
Constable Matthew Butcher suffered brain damage from the fight, which left one side of his body paralysed and damaged his eyesight, the West Australian newspaper reports.
Defendants Robert McLeod, 56, and his two sons Barry and Scott James McLeod, 29 and 35, were found not guilty on eight charges after the fight at the Old Bailey Tavern at Joodalup in February last year.
Butcher was one of three police officers called to calm down a fight between the McLeods and a group of painters who had also been drinking at the Tavern.
The McLeod's defence team successfully argued that the family members acted in self defence when confronted by the police outside the pub, telling the court the police officers used excessive force in their attempts to arrest the men.
Graphic video of the fight was released after the acquittal. It shows Barry McLeod perform a "flying head butt" on 33-year-old Constable Butcher after the officer his Taser gun on the 29-year-old's father.
The acquittal has prompted angry responses across the state. Even Prime Minister Kevin Rudd told Perth radio he was shocked by the verdict when he read about it this morning.
"I had to read this article twice and I'm stunned by it all," Mr Rudd told 6PR.
"Our police, including here in WA, put themselves in the frontline every day in very difficult and dangerous circumstances, most of which are never reported — I think it's high time the community just absolutely got behind the police in everything they do."
Outside the court Constable Butcher's wife Katrina said she was "utterly disgusted" at the jury's decision, while his mother said police should not attend incidents in the future.
"Next time, let the animals fight each other," Gail Butcher said.
Scott McLeod was found guilty on the charge of threatening to kill a patron of the pub, who filmed the fight with police officers, and will be sentenced later today.

Family 'disgusted' as police attackers acquitted
The jury should be shot dead behind the same pub. no one should be gloating about our current judiciary system, we are no better than the savages across the globe where people are executed over pity things. What if the cop died? oh wait, it was self defense. and what pisses me off even more it was a jury that came to this verdict, A JURY. the average Joe that represents OUR society.
wake the fuck up Australia.

Last edited:

greekgun

HSC
Wat a dickhead. Every1 knows that u dont defend urself agaisnt cops, u just get arrested then call a lawyer. Is their a video to this?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
haha people bitch about cops not showing up and when they do they get bashed.

love society.

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
meh the video isnt coming up when i press the link, is it bad?
go to the nine msn website, its on the front page. you could see it wasn't self defense, it was an all out flying head butt at the cop.

boris

Banned
HSC
since when is self defence an actual defence when cops are trying to arrest you

X

xeuyrawp

Fuck that's insane. There must be something missing... How could the cops be using excessive force if the 'victims' weren't even subdued? They were fighting them. :S

boris

Banned
HSC
Does Joodaloop have like some sort of anti cop thing going on? They have firebombed the police station there twice recently and this has happened

tycho

HSC
So was the cop actually using excessive force? And why was he trying to arrest them in the first place. I agree with sthcross.dude, we need more information to make a decent comment.

X

xeuyrawp

I agree with sthcross.dude, we need more information to make a decent comment.
Yeah, that's what I said. Obviously there's something missing from the reporting of the case... This wouldn't be the first time.

Venom.

HSC
Watched the video, the guy ran at jumped at the cop, the cop ended up flat on the concrete with this guy on top of him. Was not moving.

Should've been put away for a looooong time.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
we dont really know the details about the case, what happened prior to that short clip etc. Maybe the police just charged in, exasperated a situation and started fighting everyone without making any claims of arrest. Maybe the jury did make the right decision, i dont know.

I would like to see some sort of justice though, some sort of punishment because the hit looked brutal, and likewise we dont know the police werent doing the right thing.

mrcalkin

Banned
HSC
Cops need powers to bash hoons with force, (weapons allowed) like in 3rd world countries. Fear the stick!!!!

muscleman09

HSC
The cop had used a taser gun on the father in the fight, (excessive force) and one of the sons retaliated by headbutting him.

We shouldnt hate cops, and to the people who say their scum? WTF?!?

Who you gonna call when your sister gets bashed? When your home is robbed? When your mum is assaulted? When your best friend is stabbed? When someone fucks you up?

Why is it that when we need the police, we love them? And when we don't, we judge them like ignorant shits.

Lentern

HSC
The cop had used a taser gun on the father in the fight, (excessive force) and one of the sons retaliated by headbutting him.

We shouldnt hate cops, and to the people who say their scum? WTF?!?

Who you gonna call when your sister gets bashed? When your home is robbed? When your mum is assaulted? When your best friend is stabbed? When someone fucks you up?

Why is it that when we need the police, we love them? And when we don't, we judge them like ignorant shits.
I'm not anti police. I'm anti police brutality.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Saw this story on ten news last night, I spat on the TV with disgust! The Australian legal system is a fucken joke.

Bring in the American legal system, bring back Capital Punishment!

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
we shuld go back to the old days where it was ok to shoot people in the face

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)