bash an aussie police officer and walk free. (1 Viewer)

MissSarajevo

HSC
some cops believe they can violently attack people in the name of maintaining law and order. As a victim of cops injustice (was verbally abused and yelled at :( ) , they get no sympathy from me even though I feel sory for the victim for his disability.

Venom.

HSC
There is definitely something wrong with the Australian legal system IMO. Sentences are much too lenient. Killers getting 20+ years, but parole in 16 is NOT justice in my opinion. Taking the life of another person should be dealt with most harshly. You kill a man, you rape a person, you should die. I understand some murders are not clear cut, and include mitigating circumstances, impairment of responsibility etc, but when they are clear cut (see Anita Cobby case), murderers deserve nothing but death.

The same goes for Skaf, he got 55 years originally, now its whittled down to around 30 ish? Bring back capital punishment.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
'Community Standards'. I think a Judge is in a way better situation to put perspectives on sentencing individuals. Admittedly sometimes they are nutbag doe-eyed lefties, but for the most part I've found most judicial sentences (With the exception of drug rulings) to be pretty spot on.

Community standards are pretty bunk.
Shouldn't the law reflect community standards not matter how 'bunk' they may be? Who are the 'guardians' of justice, and what connection should there be between the law and morality? I guess these are questions for a different thread.

I agree that often the public is not aware of the aspects of law considered in a case or indeed the full facts of the case. There is a common misdirection of anger towards the judiciary when sentencing, particularly when the above is true.

In the concerned case, if the use of the TASER or indeed the degree of force by the police is unjustified, then surely the extent of 'self defence' utilised against the officer was unreasonable? After all, one can only utilise such force as is reasonably necessary.

banco55

HSC
That vid certainly shows the drawbacks of female cops. They may good for some things but when the shit hits the fan they are pretty useless.

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
There is definitely something wrong with the Australian legal system IMO. Sentences are much too lenient. Killers getting 20+ years, but parole in 16 is NOT justice in my opinion. Taking the life of another person should be dealt with most harshly. You kill a man, you rape a person, you should die. I understand some murders are not clear cut, and include mitigating circumstances, impairment of responsibility etc, but when they are clear cut (see Anita Cobby case), murderers deserve nothing but death.

The same goes for Skaf, he got 55 years originally, now its whittled down to around 30 ish? Bring back capital punishment.
ok no.

Venom.

HSC
Why not I say ? People who spout the whole "its inhumane" rubbish are idiots. Where does their understanding of what's humane and not come from? Is it not a gross inhumanity when a person kills another?

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
Why not I say ? People who spout the whole "its inhumane" rubbish are idiots. Where does their understanding of what's humane and not come from? Is it not a gross inhumanity when a person kills another?
and where does your understanding of what is humane and not come from?

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
I was having a similar discussion with my legal studies teacher a while back.

He was saying that realsitically, the majority of murders were not premeditated and most were spur-of-the-moment. He was also saying that the large portion of people convicted for murder or manslaughter were normal, working people.

Everyone knows how detrimental a stint in prison is, now imagine spending 20 or so years in such a place? I think most people agree that it's fucked up your life up, permanently.

Anyway, like my man Ghandi said "an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"

let the chastising begin.

Venom.

HSC
and where does your understanding of what is humane and not come from?
Basic human instincts. You kill a man, you dont lock him up, you enact just punishment on him.

And fuck Izzay :haha: I'm a lone ranger for the death penalty in my Legal class :haha:

fuck Gandhi.

Tonthat

HSC
Yes, I think that's called capital punishment.

toadcat

HSC
Sad story.

But what the fuck?
I think it's high time the community just absolutely got behind the police in everything they do."

So Mr. Rudd, the police are NEVER wrong and their actions should be accepted and tolerated even if they are completely illegal? Step 1 to a police state fellas, see you all in Room 101 in the near future!

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Sad story.

But what the fuck?
I think it's high time the community just absolutely got behind the police in everything they do."

So Mr. Rudd, the police are NEVER wrong and their actions should be accepted and tolerated even if they are completely illegal? Step 1 to a police state fellas, see you all in Room 101 in the near future!
Stfu. Please.

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC
Cops are generally scum, so I'll side with anyone that has an issue with them.
?

There are alot of crook cops out there but that doesn't mean you can say they generally are scum. These are people you straight away think of in desperate situations.

I think you're watching to much underbelly.

toadcat

HSC
Stfu. Please.
Why? We should always be critical of them, they have power and some will abuse it, so should be put to scrutiny. In this case he wasn't abusing it, and I never said he was.. It's sad that this happened.

Marin3 Muscl3

Amatuer boxer 14-1-11RSC
HSC
It attracts people who are not intelligent enough to make more money in more intellectually taxing professions, people who enjoy dangerous and risky situations, and people who like to be in positions of power.

Obviously its a generalization. It happens to be an accurate one.
How does that mean they are scum then? Without cops there would be anarchy. And not all of them are umm not so intelligent. Alot of them are in training to become homocide detectives. A lot of intelligence officers, intelligence analysts were once cops.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)