Bass players unite! (ripoff of trumpeters unite :D) (1 Viewer)

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
so far, i've found 4 bass players:
underthebridge
noel_gallagher
flawlessbassist...
are there any more of us out there? we're a dying breed! :eek:

chepas

HSC
Au contraire, thomas_wow from my school as well. The list shall grow!

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
Crikket said:
are there any more of us out there? we're a dying breed! :eek:
umm thats a good thing :p
i would have thought there would be heaps more nerdy trumpeters than bass players, we only have 4 :( i would have always assumed bass players out smoking something and not on a forum, but im wrong aren't i :D

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
no, i'm the only nerdy bass player in here, i'm claiming that! :D
ooh i hate smoking, i'd rather do something crazy like play the trumpet than smoke :)

Last edited:

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
LOL at crikket.... playing the trumpet isn't that bad... or is it?! :D

at least there are a couple of bass players. I'm the only oboist i know of in the state... But i'm positive there are more out there, there just has to be... !! (its easier thinking that then the realisation that I am all alone... then again, i'm unique?!)

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
Crikket said:
i'd rather do something crazy like play the trumpet than smoke :)
LOL... aww trumpet ain't that bad, just my experience with bass players is that they are stoned or can't play with the group, but usually both :D but maybe this cool thread with change by impression of bass players. When you beat my post count in Trumpeters Unite you will get my respect :p

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
lol, i love trumpeters, i really do. in fact, i love all brass and string instruments.
i was a piano player for 13 years first, and now i'm taking up violin and quitting bass so i'm different from stoner bass players :D

and i don't think i'll EVER match your trumpeters unite forum, i bow down to you oh master of "(Insert name of instrument) unite" forums :D

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
lol, yeh thats right TRUMPETs are the BEST!!!! can't you see how happy i am holding my trumpet in my avatar :p. thats wierd going from a good instrument like piano then to bass, if you play double bass thats cool... but whats the fun im stupid noisy electric bass.

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
ujuphleg said:
LOL at crikket.... playing the trumpet isn't that bad... or is it?! :D

at least there are a couple of bass players. I'm the only oboist i know of in the state... But i'm positive there are more out there, there just has to be... !! (its easier thinking that then the realisation that I am all alone... then again, i'm unique?!)
lol, no ujuphleg, i love oboists and trumpeters and i love you! *hug

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
"stupid electronic noisy bass"es are really fun too! we're not all into heavy metal and play one note at a time :D

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Crikket said:
lol, no ujuphleg, i love oboists and trumpeters and i love you! *hug

awww thats cute. I'm glad someone likes me, cos i've applied to be the forum moderator.... *fingers crossed*

HSC
Good idea!! we are a dying breed. There's only four prominent bassists in my year. Out of 500. Even the drummers are beating us :S :S

Questions for the bassists just so we can show off, seeing as we, like drummers, always get forgotten:

1. What (brand/type) do you play?

2. How do you react when people say bassists don't do anything?

3. Whose your favourite bassist?

4. Are you in a band?

5. If you played an instrument before picking up bass, what was it?

My answers arrrrrre (DON'T COPY - lol)
1. basic Yamaha electric - it's metallic green :D ... Dads friend lent us a Cort 5-string while he goes on holiday for a few years - so thats basically mine. I'm gettin a new one after HSC - maybe an Italia or Fender or a Musicman ... Hmmm :) :)

2. Arrrrgh! People have no respect! Hate it when people say that, I say, 'Well you just showed me how stupid and ignorant you really are. F!ck off'

3. This bloke in a local band, Timmy, just watching him on the town circuit got me thinking, hey I can do that, I can play as well as him ...

4. Yeah I am, but we've stopped for the HSC but will be back. We play original rock but we're getting into more traditional instrumentation, like piano and violin. We've recorded and played pubs and clubs and stuff, some pubs should be banned right NOW!

5. I played piano for 7 years and got to grade 4 I think - I hated it with a passion. Also clarinet for 2 years. Bass is the best :D

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
iooooooh how do you apply to do that?

if you need me to sign any petitions, i'll do it (with bribes of chocolate of course :p)

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
noel_gallagher said:
Good idea!! we are a dying breed. There's only four prominent bassists in my year. Out of 500. Even the drummers are beating us :S :S

Questions for the bassists just so we can show off, seeing as we, like drummers, always get forgotten:

4. Are you in a band?

my answers :

1. 4 string yamaha rbx770? not sure, it's metallic bluuuuuu so pweety. (ooooh noel_gallagher, a musicman? can i have it? :D)

2. i give them hugs and try to convince them we're not all that bad :D

3. victor wooten. oh how i long to play like him! and marcus miller, he rocks my funky little socks! and speaking locally, there used to be a local band called CHXSM and the bass guitarist looked like he was on speed... but he played really fast! and my bass teacher rocks.

4. yaha, a couple, but we've been lazy. after the hsc, we're getting some other bands together.

5. mmm piano for about 13 years (and only upto grade 7 :( *shakes head*) , bass for 3 years, i have a guitar, flute, recorder, and a triangle but i barely play them anymore. i'm picking up violin!!!! :D can't wait. i've always wanted to play the violin but my mum made me learn the piano first. :vcross:

we have one bassist in our year but we only have 16 kiddies at our school doing music. i think 8 of them are singers and 4 are guitarists :D

HSC

4. Are you in a band?

1. I feel by answering this question i will either recieve praise or be a victim to tall poppy syndrome lol... but yeh i have a MusicMan :) got it this year and it is sweet as hell i love it, i also have a an old squier precission as well.

2. When people say bassists do nothing i go buts and break their necks..... nar just kidding i just reassure them that we are a vital part of a band and we can easily solo on a bass like a guitar except it sounds better and funky!!

3. Well growing up with a passion for metallica cliff burton was definately a pioneer in that genre with the way he played bass and just didnt play the ordinary pedal note like most rock bassists. I have also been gettin into Stu Hamm and Vic Wooten lately as well damn crazy ass bastards.

4. Yes im in a band playing rock which is quite good, also play with the skool jazz and then when i aint working which is kool different styles different feel so yeh its all good...Gotta love jazz

5. I played piano for like 2 years i think which was enjoyable when ur a lil kid i spose but yeh i dont know how i got drawn to bass but i did and i love it it is the greatest instrument ever.

Bassists Unite!!

HSC

4. Are you in a band?

1. i play this dodgy chinese made bass that was made for a local guitar shop who decided to "endorse" me (in quotation marks cos they havent actually done anything nor have i) and gave me one of their basses. Its ok, active pickups and all and for $0 its great.

2. I do one of those laughs that makes them like they have no idea, u know out of your nose. And then ill play something that actually requires a bass player to actually DO something, and itll shutup em up.

3. Hmmm i have a couple, depends what im listening to. Out of flea, dirk lance (ex incubus), victor wooten and marcus miller.

4. Yeh, we go alright, not a great singer though, but we're workin on him.

5. Keyboard like ages ago, i think i was 9 and i played for maybe 2 years.

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
i would like to contribute to this bass players thread! Hehehe. Yeah i used to play a bit of bass once upon a time back in those junior high school days when i was in a rock band and stuff... anyway i would just like to say that the bass is always the most important in a band because its the lowest instrument therefore people have to adjust their tuning to them and also in big bands and stuff you can play without a drummer, but you cant play without a bass cos otherwise people wont be able to improvise cos they need a ground to stand on... if you know what i mean... so yeah bass players are not allowed to play out of tune... too many rock bands these days play way too loud and all they care about is playing as loud as they can and they dont care about tuning and seriuosly it sounds awful when you listen to it.... so yeah ok ill shut up and go back to my trumpet thread!!

HSC
Yeah, bass is the bomb. IN fact its the base ... HAH, oh god that's lame.

What colour is your musicman flawlessbassist? I have my eyes on a black and white one, 5-string :D:D:D:D

HSC
noel_gallagher said:
Yeah, bass is the bomb. IN fact its the base ... HAH, oh god that's lame.

What colour is your musicman flawlessbassist? I have my eyes on a black and white one, 5-string :D:D:D:D
what are the SUB basses like? For 2 grand cheaper than the normal musicman they seam like a great buy, but surely theres a catch. Are they just made in like mexico or something???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)