BCom/BSc first year subjects (1 Viewer)

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
jayde87 said:
great thanks.... i just found out this today as well.
but thats awesome so my QMA is just my maths course which also is a science course. thats awesome!
Yeah, and if you plan on majoring in psychology you do research methods 2 in 2nd year which compensates for QMB. Its one of those two birds with one stone situations (4 birds with 2 stones?)

fat_penguin

HSC
how about if you're planning to major in psych and marketing? since psych has two first year course requirements, does that mean i should start marketing next year?

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
the handbook says i only have to do 12 uoc from both com and sc in my first 48 uoc.

my first semester is:
acct 1a
micro
maths for actuary and finance
discrete

second semester is:
acct 1b
macro
bus fin

is discrete tough? like when i went to the info day earlier this month, the mathematics guy said i probably shouldnt do it first semester because im not that great at maths.

also, does computing 1 help with maths or is it just suggested i do it for no great reason?

Last edited:

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
blackfriday said:
the handbook says i only have to do 12 uoc from both com and sc in my first 48 uoc.

my first semester is:
acct 1a
micro
discrete

second semester is:
acct 1b
macro
bus fin

is discrete tough? like when i went to the info day earlier this month, the mathematics guy said i probably shouldnt do it first semester because im not that great at maths.

also, does computing 1 help with maths or is it just suggested i do it for no great reason?
Discrete mathematics involves a bit of 3u probability...which is usually quite okay.

A lot of 1st yrs fail Discrete Mathematics because most of them are dumbass Computer Science students. As long as you do the tute questions, you should be fine - it's fairly straightforward stuff. If it was really that hard, they would split it into ordinary and higher levels.

Computing 1 should be done after Discrete Mathematics. Learning C will make it easier to pick up Matlab and Fortan which are used in some of the Applied Maths courses. Also, you need to do some programming to implement most sophisticated financial models.

Last edited:

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
§eraphim said:
A lot of 1st yrs fail Discrete Mathematics because most of them are dumbass Computer Science students.
Hey hey!!! :mad1: :mad1:
Giving us a bad name!! Don't generalise!

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
I transferred to UNSW and can only enrol into first year subjects :p

Gotta ring them up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)