Bcom/Bsc (1 Viewer)

Haku

wondering if a double major in Bcom is possible by doing this double degree.

Haku

3 majors in Bcom along?, than plus 1 more major in Bsci. thats like 4 majors

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh sorry i meant in the whole degree. actually i think you could perhaps fit 4 majors in though. depends on how many uos max you do from each faculty.
i can fit 3 majors in and a minor (nearly a major) in my 4 year degree

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I will be. One day. Hopefully. If the NRSL transfer index doesn't remain above law. It rose to that this year :(

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
How and/or where do we find the NRSL transfer index? Is there an official list of NRSL index for transfer into each course, or is there just general understanding?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
no there isn't. some unis will either 'hint' at the NRSL if you go see the student centre. Others won't tell you anything. Usyd usually just hints, but I got to see the cutoffs today when I went into the office.

Haku

stazi, what course are you doing right now?

and at what uni

A

adamsaclown

nosadness said:
wondering if a double major in Bcom is possible by doing this double degree.
hi, thats what I wondered in my first year. I'm doing this course by the way. Its confusing cos the (2005) handbook makes no mention of the possibility of 2 separate majors for the commerce degree within Science/Commerce, only an "award course double major in a single area". They mention two different majors for straight B. Comm, but not Science/Commerce. I'm pretty sure you should be able to, cos otherwise doing a double degree is kind of pointless, but I'm still confused. Oh well another one and a half years to find out for me.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
you can literally do as many majors as you can within the framework of the degree. they're not going to restrict you from doing an extra unit to stop you having a major "umm sorry you have 9uos in psychology. we're going to have to make you do some other electives"

A

adamsaclown

but to do more than 240cp you need to obtain the Dean's permission, which I've heard is only allowed if you havent done enough units in a single area to get a single major, i.e. if you still need to meet the requirements of the course. Not sure they'd let you go over just for the sake of getting more majors?

Though I guess there is a way to do it within 240cp, just haven't thought it out properly, and at first glance it seems a tight squeeze

Last edited by a moderator:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
adamsaclown said:
but to do more than 240cp you need to obtain the Dean's permission, which I've heard is only allowed if you havent done the enough units in a single area to get a single major, i.e. if you still need to meet the requirements of the course. Not sure they'd let you go over just for the sake of getting more majors?
you dont need to go over though for that many majors :p
Eco & bus majors start at only 6uos

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
stazi said:
I will be. One day. Hopefully. If the NRSL transfer index doesn't remain above law. It rose to that this year :(
Cheers. Tell us when/if you do get to transfer in to Com/Lib, so we can congrats you.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
what971 said:
Cheers. Tell us when/if you do get to transfer in to Com/Lib, so we can congrats you.
Can you throw me a parade? You could call it the Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras.

Haku

i thought tranfering is not as hard as u make it. I missed out by one mark for this yrs Bcom(lib), and got into Bcom/Bsc, what average do i need to get a 2nd yr transfer?

and what units of study should i choose for my first yr study for it to be suitable for a 2nd yr of Bcom(lib). Would my sci units of study count toward the major of sci in the Bcom(lib) study.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
It's very difficult to get a science major within com (liberal studies), as you can only do 60 cp outside the eco + business faculty. 24 cp need to be taken from arts (thus making it impossible to get a science major). Or alternatively you can take the 24cp with government and international studies (but you will need to be able to do a very very good essay to go well in the subject).

What bus *econ majors are u thinking of? Com (Lib) is better for things like marketing and international business but there's not much point in doing finance, accounting, etc related majors within the degree.

Haku

oh, so getting a sci major in Bcom(lib) is impossible? but in the booklet it says you can choose to either major in sci or arts... i really want a sci degree or major.

and international business and international relation dun matter that much to me.

Would a single Commerce major and a Sci major be more suitable than Bcom(lib)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
it's only really possible if you take most of your arts units in government and international rels (as they're offered by the eco faculty).
If you want a science degree, especially for career related purposes com (lib) isn't really worth it. It's good if you want an arts major as well as 1 or 2 commerce ones (the more artsy-commerce ones).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)